Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Grey's Anatomy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey's Anatomy?

With "Lost Season 1" and "Desperate Housewives Season 1" coming out in less than a a month, I was expecting to see "Grey's Anatomy Season One" to come out before teh second season as well. But I havn't heard anything about the release, and now I know it is too late for an announcement before the second season starts? I am wondering if anyone knows why Buena Vista isn't releasing this set. I've read that 4/5 episodes of season one are being shown as season, so that leaves me to think that the show might be released as "Volume one" which would be the first production seaosn, and "volume two" being the second production season, but nothing has come from Buena Vista? Does anyone has any thoughts or news? Thanks!
Old 08-31-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Not sure, but I must say that I am loving this show. I just started it last week (kept them all recorded), and I am very impressed and will be around for season 2.
Old 08-31-05, 05:03 PM

Frankly, I was surprised at the lack of a DVD for Grey's Anatomy, but also surprised for no DVD of Boston Legal, either. I think it may be tied to the same reason: BL was running along just fine, pulling in really good Sunday numbers for the network, and then they had a bit of a break so they put GA in it's place for a four-week tryout. It's ratings were BETTER than BL's, so they decided just to leave GA there, call it a season for BL, and move the rest of BL's first season episodes to the start of season two. After thinking about it further, they decided that GA would keep Sunday and they would move BL to Tuesday. But since neither show had a real, full-length first season and it was all a bit of a surprise, I think it caught the studio off-guard and they didn't have enough time to get DVDs together.

Whereas Lost and DH had awesome numbers right out of the gate, and after just a few weeks it was a no-brainer to decide to start collecting material for DVDs. No confusion there, but a bit of confusion with BL and Grey's.

I love all four shows!
Old 08-31-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Boston Legal's moving to Tuesdays? I hope that's not the death knell for that show.
Old 08-31-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I forgot about then trunicated Boston Legal as well. The more I think about it, Im thinking that "Volume 1" releases of BL and GA will be availble in Jan/Feb with the "first production season" and the "second production season" will be released around August of next year before the hopeful season 3.