Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Played Geist?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Has Anyone Played Geist?

Old 08-27-05, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has Anyone Played Geist?

I almost rented this last night, but decided to hold off until I had a weekend where I could put more time into it. At any rate, it looks like the reviews for this title are all over the map.

Has anyone played it? If so, what did you think?
Old 08-27-05, 10:05 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The EGM review was pretty poor (4.5, 6.0, 5.5) and killed the little interest I had in the game.

I'm not a big fan of games in the first person perspective, so they have to get stellar reviews for me to venture out of the genres I like and give them a shot.
Old 08-27-05, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I had this one preordered, but cancelled after reading the reviews and hearing from someone that had bought it and played it. The big weakness of the game is the actually shooting. The framerate bogs down and really makes this one hard to play.

Its definitely a different kind of FPS and the puzzle and ghost elements are good, but its still a shooter and they really didn't get that part of the game right from everything I've heard.
Old 08-27-05, 12:39 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought Geist the day of release and love the game, but it is definitely not something for everyone. Actually, if any one of you have read the review on IGN.com, that pretty much matches my feelings towards it.

The idea of possesing objects is cool. Trying to figure out how to posess an animal or person requires some thought at times and is the best part of the game hands down.

The weakest part of the game is the first level by far. It should have been more exciting than that, but for some reason the frame rate dropped down and shooting on this level was plain difficult. However, after the first level, I have found the aiming better and have only noticed once in a while a chug on the frame rate.

The game is not perfect, but it definitely adds an awesome twist to fps games. You can control multiple people, objects, and animals and the control on them varies somewhat to keep you on your toes.. If you like some puzzle solving elements in fps like metroid prime, you ought to at least give this game a rental..

Later
Slaughter22