Music Video: Audioslave
Dynasty Warriors 5
Far Cry Instincts: Multiplayer
Far Cry Instincts: Predator
Far Cry Instincts: Prey
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
L.A. Rush
Sniper Elite

Wow......7 demos and most of them are ones I want to play. This is the best disc they have put out in many many months.

The magazine is really stepping up the 360 info and previews.

It's a very good issue and the bad part is that it will be hard to keep up this level or top it in the future.
Old 08-27-05, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet, I've been dying to play Far Cry, Brothers in Arms, The Suffering, and Burnout
Old 08-27-05, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yay - a disc packed with a few good demos!
Old 08-27-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, nice....I'm sure it's the same Burnout demo at Best Buy and on MAdden, but a GREAT disc. I have Far Cry on pre-order
Old 08-27-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I played the Burnout demo about 8 times last night and I'm even more excited about the game. It feels much faster than the last one. The various ramps and paths really add to the game.

I started to play Fry Cry but after a bit I had to pause the game and once it sat too long it kicked me out of the demo.

The only other demo I got around to playing last night was Indigo Prophecy. It's a pretty cool concept but the demo was far too short. The demo tells you to replay it a few times to do different things but you really don't have all that many options.
Old 08-27-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I started Far Cry over again and while it's cool I'm glad I didn't get my heart set on this one. It is so hard to try and spot guys while you are in the trees. Also it doesn't seem that setting traps and throwing rocks to lure them in works very well. The vehicle you have to get in the demo is way harder to drive than the Warthog ever was in the first Halo. This game went from being a buy to a rental.
Old 08-28-05, 10:19 AM

Wow, thats dissapointing....
I hope my issue shows up soon; It would be nice to actually be able to play some of the games I have preordered.
Old 08-28-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts
Played my demo disc last night. I still haven't gotten around to playing the last 3 demos discs but this one I had to play right away. Impressions:

Far Cry Instincts - Great looking graphics but the gameplay was just eh. Sneaking thru the brush seemed almost in possible at time b/c I was seemed to make either too much noise (even crouched or lying prone) or the AI was just instantly spot me while I couldn't see shit thru the brush. If you shoot the people anywhere else but the head, plan on it taking 6 to 8 bullets. Aiming seemed a little off. Who the hell decided to set up the vehicle they way they drove? Horrible controls. I got used to it after awhile but it still sucked. Traps are useless. The regular game will hopefully be tweaked for some of the obvious problems.

Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood - Exactly like the first one, graphics, gameplay, everything. Appears no real change other than some tweaks in the AI. This is a good thing since the first one was awesome. And on-line co-op missions have been added! Looking forward to this one.

The Suffering: Ties That Bind - Handles a little differently than the first one but still was fun. I loved the first one & this looks to be about the same. Graphics are definitely improved. Also looking forward to this one.

Burnout Revenge - Wow! Wow! Wow! And they say that games will look better on the 360 & PS3. Hard to believe you will see a better looking game this fall or even next year. Gameplay was great & they finally have given you some other routes to choose. A must-buy!

Indigo Prophecy - I was intrigued after playing this. I must say that I typically hate adventure games (because I suck at them) but this seemed different from your usual point & click, find a key, go back to square one adventure game. It truely felt like a movie that I was watching & controlling at the same time. The demo is way to short but I have to admit to looking forward to renting this when it come around. The controls are intuitive and I was able to do several different things in this too short demo. Looking forward to it.

Cold War - Lame. If you play Splinter Cell, you will hate this game. Graphics are crap & handling sucks. Why didn't the gamemakers learn (and steal) from the best. Could have been interesting.

Conflict: Global Terror - I am not a squad game fan so I couldn't tell you if it was well done or not. It seemed decent in parts but nothing I would ever play or buy (just personal preference). You Rainbow Six fans out there could probably say if it was good or not.

Preview Impressions: Jaw dropping graphics on Ninja Gaiden Black. Holy Moley! Dead or Alive 4 just looks like more of the same but still looks impressive. Marc Ecko's Getting Up...uh...do people really play games like this? L.A. Rush looks to be interesting if the cars handle well. Sniper Elite looked great.

All in all - a great demo disc. I was starting to wonder if my subscription was worth it.

Last edited by Spiderbite; 08-28-05 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-28-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just want to know if anyone else has issues with the Earned In Blood demo. In the first game the audio would sometimes get "stuck" and just keep repeating. I'd be shooting and when I stopped and all the enemies were dead the sound of a rapidly firing gun would just keep on playing. In the first game I would have to turn off my receiver until I hit a save point where I could quit and restart. In the demo that same thing happened but thankfully it stopped after a minute or two. I posted a messsage about it on the Earned In Blood forum. Someone responded that the company had worked to fix all bugs in the previous game. I happen to think they missed one.
Old 08-28-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I just want to know if anyone else has issues with the Earned In Blood demo. In the first game the audio would sometimes get "stuck" and just keep repeating. I'd be shooting and when I stopped and all the enemies were dead the sound of a rapidly firing gun would just keep on playing. In the first game I would have to turn off my receiver until I hit a save point where I could quit and restart. In the demo that same thing happened but thankfully it stopped after a minute or two. I posted a messsage about it on the Earned In Blood forum. Someone responded that the company had worked to fix all bugs in the previous game. I happen to think they missed one.

It didn't happen to me in the demo and it never happened to me in the original game.
Old 08-28-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of the level designers for the game responded to my thread in the EIB forum:

Hey MasterofDVD, sorry to hear that you had the glitch. Do you have any more details on what was going on at the time? Do you know of any reliable way to reproduce it? If so these steps could help us to ensure that it doesn't happen again. The demo was produced before/alongside beta. A lot of testing time was put into it, but definitely not as much as the retail product ( because of time of course ). I haven't seen or heard the bug happening in any recent builds. Chances are its gone ( and hopefully forever >:O )

Nice to see them checking their forums so often.
Old 08-30-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Between the stupid mods over on that board and the same glitch on the second game BIA:EIB will now become a rental when I have absolutely no other games to play.
Old 08-31-05, 12:22 PM

That bad huh? That sucks. I'm still waiting on my demo.........
Old 09-01-05, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ronin4223
That bad huh? That sucks. I'm still waiting on my demo.........
me too WTF is my magazine!!!! i hate postal workers thinking they can take my shit! damn your black heart mail man.
Old 09-01-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
About time they put in an awesome demo disc! The last few months have been lacking. I can't wait to try out Far Cry, BiA 2, and Burnout 4
Old 09-01-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
About time they put in an awesome demo disc! The last few months have been lacking. I can't wait to try out Far Cry, BiA 2, and Burnout 4