Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

ER Season 4 12/20

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ER Season 4 12/20

The fourth season of ER began with a live episode of the series, and the DVD set celebrates the special episode with a documentary on making the episode, "Ambush," and interviews with the cast members. The 6-disc set will include all 22 episodes of the fourth season, and carry a suggested retail price of $49.98. The set will be anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1), with an English Dolby Stereo audio track, and English, Spanish, French subtitles. We can also expect some unaired scenes, and a gag reel. We don't know whether the set will feature the East coast or West coast live episode, or whether Warner Bros will choose to include both episodes on the set. Look for the set on December 20, just in time to spend Christmas in the ER.

Link to this page: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3969
Old 08-23-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or are these sets getting cheaper and cheaper. The first season was a very high quality classy DVD, with 6 commentaries, a ton of production notes, and about 60 minutes of featurettes on DVD-18, in a cool packaging. Season two came with only 2 commentaries and about 30 minutes of featurettes, in the same cool packaging... But then came season 3 in DVD-9's with teh same picture on every disc, and even less featurettes.... and now we have season 4 with no commentaries! I really am going to enjoy the documentary on "ambush" but that episode really needs commentary, along with other episodes, and hopefully the DVD art will be different with each disc.
Old 08-24-05, 07:29 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no problems with the extras dwindling if they'd just release this show faster. The Simpsons and ER will be complete on DVD by 2019.
Old 08-24-05, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I'm with lotsofdvds.
Old 08-24-05, 12:12 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Plus I prefer DVD-9's to DVD-18's.
Old 08-24-05, 12:13 PM

Glad to see this is coming relatively quickly. I was afraid of another wait as long as we had between season 2 and 3.
Old 08-24-05, 03:20 PM

My Main Grip is that I like my shows to be Uniform... But you know we might actually have to wait until 2019, if NBC keeps up their current mind set, and orders the show that far into the future...