Reload this Page >

XBOX games "Supported Features" help...

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-22-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Can someone clear some stuff up for me? How does the supported features box work on the back of the box?

For instance, if 720p, or any other feature for that matter, is listed but no "X" is next to it does that mean it's 720p or not? Here's an example, on XMEN LEGENDS it's listed at 720p and it has an "X" next to it. However, Bloodrayne 2 has 720p listed, but not only is there no "X", 720p is greyed out. Why list 720p greyed out if it isn't 720p? Actually, I think it may be 720p but what's the point of doing it that way? Some games have that space completely blank.

It would seem every game maker has it's own way of listing stuf in this box.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-22-05 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-23-05, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts
That's their wierd decidsion to standardize their packaging (like Universal used to do on their DVDs). If there's not an "X" there, that's a feature this game DOES NOT HAVE. I agree, it's very confusing at first.
Old 08-23-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
To further confuse things, sometimes the info is wrong. Some games have the 480p greyed out, but the game is 480p anyway. The Dolby Digital 5.1 box also is greyed out on some games, but that doesn't mean the game doesn't have 5.1 sound.

I think it's safe to say that if the box is lit up, the game most likely DOES support that feature, but if it's greyed out, it MAY NOT support it.
Old 08-23-05, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree.
It's pretty lame to put the "720P" on the box but have it grayed-out or not have the 'X' mark next to it. Makes you think, "Why didn't they just put 480P and put an X next to it?"

Using a grid to check-off the supported features is a good idea, but it's useless if the items in the grid are not consistant and change every once in awhile.

They need to use a standardized grid. It should have all the features listed so that the game developers would have only to check-off the ones that are supported. To make things even more clear, the sections for video and audio will be blank. It will be up to the developer to "fill-in" the appropriate feature (i.e. Video: 480P; Audio: Stereo) (i.e. Video: 1080I; Audio: DD5.1).