Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Wedding Date'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-21-05, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Svet Atanasov's DVD review of The Wedding Date at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=17118 and... I saw it today.

My review?

Can you say "sucks"?

I knew you could.

This movie was so bad it made _______________ look good.
Old 08-21-05, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, I think that you and I are pretty much on the same page. Though somehow the DVD is a hit between female Blockbuster customers (hence my "rent it" mark)...need a proof...my sister-in-law!!!

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 08-22-05, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
Well, I think that you and I are pretty much on the same page. Though somehow the DVD is a hit between female Blockbuster customers (hence my "rent it" mark)...need a proof...my sister-in-law!!!

Ciao,
Pro-B
I know and I'm female and I love romantic comedies, go fig. My daughter said "an old lady at Walmart told her it was so good".... so she bought it, and we watched it and even though it's not the worst movie I've ever seen, it was pretty lame. AND I'm an old lady too! Now if you just get off on cutie-pants, Dermot Mulroney, then you'll enjoy seeing him, but I was shocked at how bad Debra Messing looked. Either she pissed off the makeup lady or the lighting guy, I don't know which, but she looked pretty bad through about 75% of the film. The best lighting was outside in the sun! Her hair got more and more red as the film progressed too. And one scene she had the red highlights, which frankly made her look like a cheap hooker, and someone put bright pink lipstick on her and it just looked garnish to me. I obsessed on it so much I irritated others in the room, which goes over about like a f*rt in church.

On the plus side of this weekend I saw I'm With Lucy and it was cute. I'd never seen Ms. Monica Potter and I grew to like her a lot before the film concluded. Now THAT'S what a romantic comedy should be like.... laughs and dialogue and by all means, some kind of plot written by people with some kind of skills.