Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Fray & jacks mannequin

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-05, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey whats up everyone. Just wanted to drop a name of a local Denver band that is about to hit the national scene in a big way. Here is their site:

http://www.thefray.net/

They have been getting a lot of play on a station here for about a year and I downloaded their ep several months back and I personally think they are the real deal. A cross between lifehouse and coldplay. Their hit song Over My Head (Cable Car) was recently featured on the Stealth Soundtrack and just finished an east coast tour with Weezer. Their cd hits in the third week of September.

Also a little side note. For those of you who like Something Corporate, their lead singer Andrew McMahon has a new solo album coming out this week. He is still recovering from leukima but has put a new video out. He also got Tommy Lee to play drums on his album.

http://jacksmannequin.com/
http://myspace.com/jacksmannequin

Last edited by Chili Palmer; 08-20-05 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-20-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I use to enjoy Something Corporate, until I saw them play live at Bloomington, Indiana. Terrible performance all around. Haven't been able to enjoy them since.
Old 08-20-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
I use to enjoy Something Corporate, until I saw them play live at Bloomington, Indiana. Terrible performance all around. Haven't been able to enjoy them since.
I never liked them to begin with, but their live performances that I saw were freaking awful. Yet somehow, they managed to keep getting on all these great tours one year and I think I've inadvertently seen them 3-4 times. Ugh.
Old 08-21-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw the Fray open for Weezer back in July and thought they were really great, definitely going to pick up their album. Cable Car is a very catchy track.

MATT
Old 08-23-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I never liked them to begin with, but their live performances that I saw were freaking awful. Yet somehow, they managed to keep getting on all these great tours one year and I think I've inadvertently seen them 3-4 times. Ugh.
Trust me, I know.
I know when I saw them in Bloomington, it was raining, the opening band (whom I don't remember) played a full set in the rain. What did "SoCo" do? They wussed out and refused to come out , waited until the rain stopped. About midways thru the setlist, it drizzled and they stopped and went back inside 'till it quit again. Just all around terrible experience.