Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Jaws Unleashed

Old 08-19-05, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaws Unleashed

I didn't see this posted so I thought I'd start a thread on this game.Anybody on here looking foward to Jaws Unleashed which is streeting Oct 25th?This is going to be a great game and allows you to play as the Great White Shark tear people to shreads,destroy boats and fight other sharks,killer whales and other bosses.I normally don't like violent games but this one is going to be a good one.There is a 25 dismemorant engine which allows you to pick how you kill someone.You can sever limbs,hands,arms,legs,heads,cut people in half etc.There is even some elemates from the movie in this game.
Old 08-19-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the game looks interesting....it might be a rental for me. We'll see how the game plays, about 90% of games based on movies tend to fail, but there are always surprises.
Old 08-19-05, 09:56 AM

I'd say it looks interesting, what I've seen so far hasn't blown me away. It's being developed by the same company that did Ecco, so it should at least look nice and have some decent underwater physics. One weird thing I noticed is that the Xbox version isn't scheduled until January 2006, while the PS2 and PC versions are shipping in October.
Old 08-19-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by murray731
I'd say it looks interesting, what I've seen so far hasn't blown me away. It's being developed by the same company that did Ecco, so it should at least look nice and have some decent underwater physics. One weird thing I noticed is that the Xbox version isn't scheduled until January 2006, while the PS2 and PC versions are shipping in October.
Maybe they are working on a 360 version...who knows. I thought the XBOX one was in Oct also though....I guess it depends where you look,.
Old 08-19-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sigh.
Old 08-19-05, 11:40 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So can you ONLY play as the shark? Or can you also play as the shark hunters? Frankly I'd only be interested in this if you could play as the hunters, if it were well done.
Old 08-20-05, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Maybe they are working on a 360 version...who knows. I thought the XBOX one was in Oct also though....I guess it depends where you look,.
I hope that is the case but they will probebley delay the ps2 version till January too.Last time they delayed the date ebgames had the xbox version pushed back first then several days later the ps2 and pc versions same with gamespot.I can't understand why this game keeps getting delayed.
Old 08-21-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I read the game company (Majesco? something like that) altered their projected earnings from like +18 mil to a -19 mil number....hopefully this game doesn't get cancelled or delayed longer. Article said they released Psychonaughts and some other game.