Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will Sam's Club Carry N/T S2 1st Week of Release?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-17-05, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering where the best place to get it will be.
Old 08-17-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To be honest, it doesn't matter if Sam's is carrying it. Their prices on new releases are horrible compared to the first-week sale prices at Best Buy and Circuit City. I think they wanted $5 more for Simpsons S6 than Best Buy.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 08-17-05 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-17-05, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
To be honest, it doesn't matter if Sam's is carrying it. Their prices on new releases are horrible compared to the first-week sale prices at Best Buy and Circuit City. I think they wanted $5 more for Simpsons S6 than Best Buy.
Can't Disagree More. Sams and Costco beat Best Buy and Circuit City 90% of the time on boxsets and multiple disc releases. You may have a tier 3 Sams in your area (meaning the highest price points) while a tier 1 Sams is much cheaper. Sams (and Walmart) regional price their products. For instance Disney Treasures at a tier 1 Sams would be $19.99 while at a tier 3 Sams they were $23.54. Quite a difference (over 17% more).

I have a tier 1 Sams and a Costco (Costco is roughly the same nationwide with no store tiers) right near me, along with Best Buy. I rarely find myself at Best Buy for boxsets, tv sets, or limited releases. Sams and Costco's daily price will also beat Best Buy once the first week sale is over for any major new movie releases. New movies are more highly discounted during that Tuesday-Sunday window their first week.

In conclusion, if you have Sams or Costco (and possibly Fry's or BJs) then checking there first is a great idea. And nip tuck season 2 would definitely be at Sams or Costco for me.
Old 08-17-05, 01:38 PM

I also would bet that Sams does carry Nip/Tuck Season 2 set. I'd say 80% chance.
Old 08-17-05, 01:49 PM

My sam's club has been very spotty lately with new releases. Over the last couple of weeks, I was hoping to get:

Brady Bunch Season 2
The High And The Mighty
Island In The Sky
The Thin Man Box Set

And the Sams I go to had none of these in stock....
Old 08-17-05, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by johnglad
Can't Disagree More. Sams and Costco beat Best Buy and Circuit City 90% of the time on boxsets and multiple disc releases. You may have a tier 3 Sams in your area (meaning the highest price points) while a tier 1 Sams is much cheaper. Sams (and Walmart) regional price their products. For instance Disney Treasures at a tier 1 Sams would be $19.99 while at a tier 3 Sams they were $23.54. Quite a difference (over 17% more).
Interesting. I didn't know about "tier" stores. I must have the crap one near me, because they're selling the Stargate 1-5 sets for almost $5 more than the Sam's an hour south of me. The new movies are the same way. They come out anywhere from $19.xx - $21.xx and stay there. Years ago, they used to come out at $15.xx at the most, and they'd stay there. I hardly ever shop at Sam's because of thier horrible prices.
Old 08-17-05, 10:54 PM

thanks everyone ... the reason I asked is because I saw Rescue Me there for like $31.99 (cheaper than most places). But I did not see any The Shield seasons or Nip/Tuck season 1. and I didn't know if they carried them immediately upon release.
Old 08-30-05, 02:53 PM

anybody been to Sam's Club today?