Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

City of Heroes: 21-Day Free Trial in Oct PC Gamer

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-17-05, 08:55 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Subject header says it all. 21-Day Free Trial of City of Heroes in this month's PC Gamer.

I've recently started playing this game myself, after getting burnt out on World of Warcraft. It's fun, and I recommend it.
Old 08-17-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool! Thanks for head up! I'm currently on day 2 of my WoW trial! Have to try this next!
Old 08-19-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got burned out on CoH pretty fast. It's really fun when you first build your new characters and start leveling them up. Get lots of new powers to play with fairly quickly...

Once I got up to level 14 or so, things started to grind to a halt for me. Still running around grinding on the exact same stuff I had been grinding on since level 1 - but now it was taking much, much longer to level up and get something new to play with.

Got really old, really fast for me. I will probably reactivate and give it another shot when CoV comes out though.
Old 08-20-05, 03:19 AM

I really liked CoH's, have a level 50 Energy/Inv Tank and a level 35 Dark Dark Defender. Ofcourse their nerfing both of them to the stoneage at the next Issue

I can understand them nerfing my tank, nothing can kill me as long as my shields dont drop. And i think that only happened around 3 time on my climb to 50 But i really hate them nerfing my Defender, at lvl 34 i was finally starting to kick some butt.
Old 08-22-05, 09:28 PM

erg yeah i got the magazine trial thingy, went and installed the trial on my comp then my mom threw the magazine away. can anyone tell me the trial registration steps that were in the magazine?
Old 08-22-05, 09:30 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by kryptxr
erg yeah i got the magazine trial thingy, went and installed the trial on my comp then my mom threw the magazine away. can anyone tell me the trial registration steps that were in the magazine?
You need the key that's printed inside the magazine to register, I'm afraid.
Old 08-22-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by David_M
I really liked CoH's, have a level 50 Energy/Inv Tank and a level 35 Dark Dark Defender. Ofcourse their nerfing both of them to the stoneage at the next Issue

I can understand them nerfing my tank, nothing can kill me as long as my shields dont drop. And i think that only happened around 3 time on my climb to 50 But i really hate them nerfing my Defender, at lvl 34 i was finally starting to kick some butt.
My main was a BS/Regen scrapper. I saw the writing on the wall at around January as far as nerfs go, which was why I jumped to WoW when I did.

I'm glad I did too. Regen scrappers have been hammered in almost every patch since then. I don't think I would even know how to play one in its current incarnation.