Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Survivor: Pearl Islands - Q1/2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor: Pearl Islands - Q1/2006

TVShowsOnDVD now has information on the release of Survivor: Pearl Islands on DVD. According to the statement, Survivor: Pearl Islands is being released before other Season sets due to the higher ratings and demand from fans.

Though the set was originally planned for December 2005, the set is expected to be released in Q1 of 2006.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3920
Old 08-16-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 182 Posts
Thanks for the info,i will definately be adding that one to my collection.
Bring on the rest of the seasons!
Old 08-16-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As much as i love Survivor, I don't know that I could go back and watch a season more than a second time.
Old 08-16-05, 01:46 PM
Cool New Member

that's good news. I hope they release all the seasons on dvd. Although Survivor Thailand was awful. I really want Survivor Amazon next.
Old 08-17-05, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Somebody help me out here please. I've been out of the country since 2001 and don't know about all of these season's you're referring to. I watched Season 1 in the USA and bought the Season set. Based on it's quality I also bought Season 2 - The Austrailan Outback when it came out. I really enjoyed both of those sets. I know that there was advertising on the 2nd Season for the 3rd Season - that was Africa, right?? Now what comes next and next? Is it still on TV? knicks1980 - why was Survivor Thailand awful? What made Amazon great? What about the others?
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-05, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by danwiz
Somebody help me out here please. I've been out of the country since 2001 and don't know about all of these season's you're referring to. I watched Season 1 in the USA and bought the Season set. Based on it's quality I also bought Season 2 - The Austrailan Outback when it came out. I really enjoyed both of those sets. I know that there was advertising on the 2nd Season for the 3rd Season - that was Africa, right?? Now what comes next and next? Is it still on TV? knicks1980 - why was Survivor Thailand awful? What made Amazon great? What about the others?
Thanks in advance.
Season 3 was Africa, yes. The seasons after that are as follows:

Season 4: Marquesas
Season 5: Thailand
Season 6: Amazon
Season 7: Pearl Islands
Season 8: All-Stars
Season 9: Vanuatu
Season 10: Palau

Survivor is still on TV, with the 11th season, Survivor: Guatemala starting in September.

I'm not exactly sure why knicks1980 felt that way about Thailand and Amazon, but I could give my thoughts. Below are some VERY mild spoilers.

Thailand was about as boring as things get. Without trying to be too specific, one tribe of boring people took out a much more exciting tribe, one by one, and then played poorly strategy-wise, and lost to the only smart person in the game.

Amazon was exciting because the teams were separated men vs. women, and the dynamics were interesting. The men with any sort of sex appeal were in trouble, as they couldn't use their charms on the other men, and the old women were in trouble because the younger women formed a tight clique. There were a few incredibly good players, and there were a few huge powershifts that made for excellent television.

Marquesas was a pretty great season with an incredibly tense tribal council, and some power swings.

Pearl Islands had some of the best Survivor personalities ever, and a huge twist which changed the game completely.

All-Stars was terrible. Everyone in the game knew each other, and played the game with personal vendettas. Probably the worst season for interesting strategy.

Vanuatu was kind of boring, but the last few episodes made the whole season worth it.

Palau was pretty boring, with one tribe getting decimated, and the rest playing out predictably.

I was surprised when I watched Survivor on DVD. I thought it would be boring as I already knew the winners, but the drama keeps it entertaining on repeat viewings.
Old 08-18-05, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts
Thank you VERY MUCH for your time and effort NobleRabbit. I appreciate it. I had no idea that it was still on TV! Amazing that it has lasted so long.

danwiz