Reload this Page >

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater plays so outdated

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-14-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I loved the first one and liked the second one, but with Splinter Cell and other games this one felt so outdated. The Camera was one of the worst ever, your in the jungle and suppose to use stealth but you cant see ten feet infront of you only way is to use first person view. and you cant crouch and walk, you either crawl way to slow, or walk normal. I just rented this and i just dont see why this series still gets good reviews. The graphics are great as well as the sound. but its so outdated. it feels like you are moving around blind with the overhead camera

Why havent they updated the game? its still the same as it was when it came out for the playstation. This one is a pain hiding from the enemys. or even sneaking up behind them.

Anyelse think this game was overreated and needs some retooling.
Old 08-14-05, 09:44 PM

keep playing, it gets much better. and you can crouch and walk using the d-pad.
Old 08-14-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure what the point of your post is? You're going to have a bunch of people chime in saying that the game is great and a bunch of people saying it sucks.

I thought it was amazing and way better than Sons of Liberty truth be told. Wait until the climax and it'll all be worth it. Probably the best in game chase sequence I've ever played. There should be an award for that. The controls and camo take some getting used to but it's worth it in the end.
Old 08-14-05, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe MGS3: Subsistence will have a camera that the player can control, if that helps any. . .but probably not.
Old 08-15-05, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by theneobez
I believe MGS3: Subsistence will have a camera that the player can control, if that helps any. . .but probably not.
You are correct sir, and for those who like the old camera I believe you can switch back and forth. Truth of the matter is Kojima has said so himself that 3D cameras make him sick (motion sickness) but Im glad to see that for the Subsistence disc he has changed it, but I like the game just the same camera and all.
Old 08-15-05, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's not the only reason to get Subsistence. Say it with me now:

METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE!
Old 08-15-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i just wanted to know if anyone else felt that game feels outdated
Old 08-15-05, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Superboy

"Tell 'em Steve-Dave!"
Old 08-16-05, 01:21 AM
js1
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Superboy

Agreed!
Old 08-18-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts
I'm really looking forward to subsistance as well. I'll gladly pay full price for a complete and correctly tranlated port of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
Old 09-02-05, 09:17 AM

"I thought it was amazing and way better than Sons of Liberty truth be told."

wow you must not understand the metal gear storyline, metal gear solid 2 was an amazing game, the story was the most amazing part of it... the story was way more in depth than metal gear 3, play #2 again and pay attention its crazy how involved the game is with previous metal gears
Old 09-02-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts
How does The Franchise prefering MGS3 over MGS2 signify any lack of understanding with regards to the series on his part? MGS2 was a mess, plain and simple. And I'm speaking as someone who adores MGS2 and has played it countless times. It had a lot of great ideas but Kojima and his co-writer had no idea how to effectively implement it so he just threw it all at us and let us sift right through it. And MGS2 is only deeply involved with MGS. Its relation to MG and MG2:SN are superficial at best.

MGS3, on the other hand, had a tighter story and more focused plotting. Sure it still had little moments that left you going "huh" (Snake holding the microfilm toward the end of Eva's Reminiscence) and a few poor story choices (the Boss divulging her ethos in full during her very first appearance rather than saving all that for the ending) but it was still far better paced than MGS2.