Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

Want to buy (or perhaps trade for) Slipcovers...

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-05, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know there are people out there who couldn't care less about slipcovers. I'm not one of those people. However, I do buy used quite often. Sometimes, the price will be so good that the lack of a slipcover can be overlooked. Still, I'd like to have them if at all possible. So, I figured I'd make a thread here.

...this is to anybody who doesn't care one way or the other whether their discs have slipcovers. I'll offer you something (though let's stay this side of unreasonable) for them. The ones that I know I'm missing include the following:

-Any gold "Award Edition" slipcovers from Universal
Bambi
Beauty and the Beast
Bubba Ho-Tep
House of Flying Daggers
I Heart Huckabees (1-disc)
Metallica: Some Kind of Monster
Ray
Sideways
The Usual Suspects

Remember, this is just a small and specific wishlist. If you have others that you wouldn't mind parting with, list them. Perhaps I wasn't aware my DVD was supposed to come with one (or I'd forgotten when browsing through my collection). Or, maybe I'll want to pick one up for a potential future purchase (especially if the title is on my wishlist) so that I don't think twice if I run across one used that's missing it's slipcover.

I'd also be interested in certain boxed-set cases (I've pieced together the Kubrick Collection, the Rocky set, the Scream trilogy, and many other similar sets...but I don't have boxes for them). So, if anybody has any of those that they're shopping around...list them and I'll see if there are any I could use.

What can I say, I'm anal.

Thanks in advance.

-JP
Old 08-14-05, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you pay for 'shipping' for the slipcovers? Because I may be able to get ahold of some of the slipcovers... LMK.
Old 08-16-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, gladly. Just drop me a line.

-JP