Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Front Main speaker question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm currently building up a new speaker system and i am shopping for some Front speakers and i have a question. Is it better to have identical speakers?
I ask because i was at CC and they had two open box Polk Speakers, one of them was the R50 and the other i'm not sure but i think was something like the RT10 or something like that, all i can really remember was that it was bigger than the R50.

So my question is: does it matter if they are different models and if so how much of a difference am i looking at? Also if anyone has any suggestions for Front Main speakers at about $300 a pair i'm all ears.

thanks
Old 08-11-05, 06:54 PM

I absolutely would not consider buying two front speakers that were not matches - regardless of whether they were to be used for HT or music. The sound out of the two speakers will be different, which is bad no matter the use.

If you're willing to go with bookshelf speakers and spend just a little more, I'd definitely suggest checking out Paradigm Mini-monitors. Fabulous sounding speaker for its size and price.
Old 08-11-05, 10:10 PM

Yeah, you want to keep it exactly the same, even if they are the same brand. And for around $300 I would give these a try......Bic HT-75 Then you can get there center channel which some regard as the best for way under $200.

BIC DV62CLR