Reload this Page >

Bulls**t! Season 3?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Bulls**t! Season 3?

Old 08-11-05, 05:20 AM
rsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bulls**t! Season 3?

Now I did a search but couldn't find anything on this (though there was 3 pages of hits with the word "Bullshit" in them, apparantly).

We don't get Showtime cable TV over here so maybe some of the enlightened North Americans here can advise if Penn and Teller's amazing debunking series has gone on to a 3rd season.

I have season 1 and 2 on DVD and loved them, even though a couple of episodes did challenge some things I did believe in (who would have thought recycling was a waste of time, energy, money and resources), and I want more. Is there more to come?
Old 08-11-05, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to epguides.com, all but one of the 14 season 3 episodes have aired. Episode 14 (Signs From Heaven) did not air "due to errors in producing the episode." It's been said that one of the people featured in the show did not sign a waiver to appear.

Don't look for a DVD set of season 3 until sometime next year, when it can be used to promote season 4 (if there is one).
Old 08-11-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say it's coming at some point. Season #3 is listed on Showtime's web site:

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics.do

Last edited by speedy1961; 08-11-05 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-11-05, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
According to epguides.com, all but one of the 14 season 3 episodes have aired. Episode 14 (Signs From Heaven) did not air "due to errors in producing the episode." It's been said that one of the people featured in the show did not sign a waiver to appear.
That's wrong. Season 3 had 13 episodes and they all eventually aired. Signs From Heaven, originally scheduled to air on July 4 was postponed and finally was shown on July 25. The episode was available on Video on Demand systems starting on July 5.

Edit: I looked up the list from epguides.com. There was no episode called "Religious Icons" although perhaps that was the working title for the Signs From Heaven episode. From the description it is obviously that episode. Quite simply, epguides.com is messed up on this and some other dates and episode numbers are wrong. Their description for Signs From Heaven is actually the description for the Family Values episode.

Don't look for a DVD set of season 3 until sometime next year, when it can be used to promote season 4 (if there is one).
Yes, given the DVD release schedules of the first two seasons I think you can expect the 3rd season first quarter next year.

The general consensus is that Season 3 was vastly inferior to the first two seasons. But while there has been no official announcement yet I suspect there will be a Season 4.

Last edited by movielib; 08-11-05 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-11-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The problem with BS is they have pretty much debunked all the major things to debunk. Not really sure what other topics of major interest they have left to discuss.
Old 08-11-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
The problem with BS is they have pretty much debunked all the major things to debunk. Not really sure what other topics of major interest they have left to discuss.
There is plenty of bullshit to debunk. The get-rich-quick scheme, modern art, the Horatio Alger "myth," an episode devoted entirely to the workings of government, racism, and media bias and its effects, would all make great shows. But what should do is produce "Part IIs" for their more acclaimed episodes or episodes where they had more to discuss than the 30 minutes allowed.

It would be neat if, as a series finale, they examined their own show for any inaccuracies or trickery.
Old 08-16-05, 03:20 AM
rsa

Originally Posted by speedy1961
I would say it's coming at some point. Season #3 is listed on Showtime's web site:

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics.do
Can someone copy and paste the 13/14 season 3 episode topics here for me? I went to the webpage above and was told...

"We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States."

First time I've ever seen that!!!
Old 08-16-05, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rsa
Can someone copy and paste the 13/14 season 3 episode topics here for me?
Circumcision
Family Values
Conspiracy Theories
Life Coaching
Holier Than Thou
College
Big Brother
Hair
Gun Control
Ghostbusters
Endangered Species
Signs From Heaven
The Best
Old 08-16-05, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by movielib
The general consensus is that Season 3 was vastly inferior to the first two seasons. But while there has been no official announcement yet I suspect there will be a Season 4.
Season 3's obviously lower quality was probably due to the numerous lawsuits they've been hit with. Which should not have been any surprise to P&T or Showtime. They should have been prepared for legal consequences. The Constitution doesn't protect you from lawsuits, or keep you from having to defend yourself from them in court. People who appeared on BS probably had to fend off swarms of lawyers watching the show looking for potential clients. Either Showtime told them to take things easy this year, or their budget was cut back due to defense lawyers fees.

With the way they signed off on their last episode, I'm not sure about a season 4 coming our way. I seem to recall voiceover announcements at the end of the last episodes of seasons 1 and 2. There was no announcement of a season 4, and Penn certainly didn't sound enthusiastic. The gathering of everybody did seem a little like a final curtain call.

We'll see if anything's announced after the last episode when they run repeats. In hindsight, that may have been when I heard previous announcements about the upcoming season. I certainly hope so. BS is just about my favorite show.

Which is what scares me, since (as we all know) our favorite shows are the ones that get cancelled. I take it back. I hate BS! It's a terrible show.
(I wonder if that will work.)
Old 08-17-05, 07:15 AM
rsa

movielib thank you very much. I'll just have to look forward to it on DVD.

Hopefully there's a season 4. But I guess the more the crackpots get to hear about Bullshit the less likely they are to entertain their reporters/investigators and pass on the 'really good oil'. Here's hoping.

It'd be good to hear what episodes/topics the lawsuits were for and from whome. Maybe that'd take up another 2 or 3 discs of extras.

Cheers
Richard
Old 08-17-05, 05:04 PM

Season 3 was a dropoff, I will say. I'd still buy it, but I'd skip over the more conservative-biased episodes they featured this year for some reason. For example, college is BS...because it indoctrinates liberalism into every student who attends. Huh? There'd be no conservatives if that were true.