Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Vale Tudo?

flip_hop9
08-10-05, 04:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone here took or is taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I was gonna enroll in a school in september and wanted to know how long it would take someone to incorporate Vale Tudo (or No-holds-barred) techniques into their BJJ. Thanks

bigsoos
08-11-05, 10:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone here took or is taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I was gonna enroll in a school in september and wanted to know how long it would take someone to incorporate Vale Tudo (or No-holds-barred) techniques into their BJJ. Thanks
My cousin has taken it and loves it. We usually practice when we hang out and he teaches me stuff here and there. He's taking that plus Krav Maga.

From what he's showed me, I don't think it should take long to incorporate Vale Tudo.

Edit:
Talked to my cousin and gave me some info. The basic difference between the BJJ and VT is that you don't have a gi in VT, so there is some variation in your BJJ techniques. If you have a good background in BJJ, you should be able to incorporate VT with no problem.

DeltaSigChi4
08-15-05, 12:52 AM
Delta takes BJJ (both with pajamas and w/o) and has plans to take a MMA fight soon. It takes awhile to get good at subs and some academys don't offer no-gi or VT instruction/rolling. Make sure you make your intentions known beforehand to your instructor or ass-instructor and that you find a couple of buddies to free train with so you can practice whatever techniques you learn.

I'd suggest you join one of the numerous fite™ forums that are out there as well.

E

bill_n_opus
08-16-05, 12:17 PM
www.sherdog.com

among others ....