DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Changing audio options from dvd player

ESUguy
08-08-05, 11:14 AM
I got out my T2 dvd last night, and my player kept freaking out with the menus. I was able to directly go to the movie, but wanted to use the dts audio. Can I change that using just the dvd player's menus? It's a JVC player.

Spiky
08-08-05, 11:48 AM
Is there an Audio button on the remote? That should change between the different tracks available directly, unless the disc specifically blocks this. I doubt you can change it with the Setup menus. Is this a bootleg/copy?

ESUguy
08-08-05, 12:25 PM
Is there an Audio button on the remote? That should change between the different tracks available directly, unless the disc specifically blocks this. I doubt you can change it with the Setup menus. Is this a bootleg/copy?

When I clicked the audio button, it had english, but I couldn't use the directional keys to get to any other options. I figured English was the only option.

And this is the original disk. My player just doesn't like the menu.

Spiky
08-08-05, 01:11 PM
Some disks block using that button. One of the dumber things they do, probably to keep J6P from ruining his speakers with DTS. Weird that you can't use the menu.

Does it lock up in the disc menu? If it is just not showing properly, maybe you can remember the steps to get to DTS and do them blind.

ESUguy
08-08-05, 04:44 PM
Does it lock up in the disc menu? If it is just not showing properly, maybe you can remember the steps to get to DTS and do them blind.

Nope, it just goes really slow, then freezes.

GoVegan
08-29-05, 04:45 PM
I just found this thread using a search, so that's why this reply is very late.

It sounds like you just might need to hit the Audio button several times while the movie is playing. On my players, if you hit the button once it just displays the current setting, then if you keep hitting the button it cycles through all of the audio options. I'd give that a shot next time you feel like watching T2.

cajun_junky
08-29-05, 05:14 PM
I just found this thread using a search, so that's why this reply is very late.

It sounds like you just might need to hit the Audio button several times while the movie is playing. On my players, if you hit the button once it just displays the current setting, then if you keep hitting the button it cycles through all of the audio options. I'd give that a shot next time you feel like watching T2.

That is how my pioneer works.