Reload this Page >

Free copy of Splinter Cell PT w/Rainbow Six Lockdown preorder

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-07-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this offer in the Sept issue of FHM. Looks like a good deal.

Linky
Old 08-08-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, free Rainbow Six with Far Cry pre-order
Old 09-03-05, 04:31 PM
RVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump as I am looking forward to this game, which comes out next week. Also a good deal if you don't have Pandora Tomorrow yet.
Old 09-06-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lockdown is coming out this week....who is picking it up? I hope my GameRush has it today...if not, they should be Friday.
Old 09-07-05, 02:34 PM
RVP

Picked mine up at Gamerush today. No problem getting SC PT, as they were rubber banded together.
Old 09-07-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'd like to get it... don't know if I'll be able to dedicate the time to play it though.
Old 09-08-05, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, I played the game yesterday finally. (XBOX)

Single player is decent, pretty much like the other RS games.

Multiplayer is average at best. I only played it a bit. It was a run and gun when I played....no real strategy. Also, the new PEC mode allows you to pick a class and build him up (kinda RPGish). The thing that sucks is you cannot switch classes or you lose all your progress. Also, you start with all the basic weapons...no sniper rifles (I think you need to be a level 15). I can see this game getting REALLY lopsided unless they match you up by ranking. One other thing....you have a glass shield over your face, and if you get hit, holes get in it...which is neat and obstucts your vision. ONE MAJOR FLAW though: In LIVE play you start off with NO MASK, however, when you get hit....it still SHATTERS!!!!!
(I think you can turn the PEC mode....I only played with PEC about 4 rounds then I got annoyed when my teammate killed me about 3 times)

I might trade the game back in.....overall, it's decent. Graphics are not much improved over previous editions. They did improve the LIVE demo that was on the OXM disc.
Old 09-08-05, 04:13 PM

Well I picked it up yesterday, but didn't get a chance to play till just now. I have been a Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon fan since the games hit the current generation of consoles; That being said, this is just about the worst letdown I have had in quite a while (well, since BHD at least). It's like it was developed by the same studio who did the PS2 version of Ghost Recon 2. The graphics are a step back, at least, from Rainbow Six 3, the AI is just one step below running in circles (even on the elite setting), and the overall style of gameplay is more along the lines of Pariah (run and gun) rather than what the Rainbow and Ghost Recon games have always been. To say that this game resembles Ghost Recon in any way is laughable at best, as it's a little closer to Black Hawk Down in urban camo. I will be trading mine back in tomarrow, and here's to hoping Advanced Warfighter won't be as bad as this garbage.
Old 09-12-05, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, I'm trading my game back in today....at least I get my bonus back at GameRush (should be $40 credit w/25% bonus). The game was a real letdown. It was ok...but nothing to hold onto. I'm building my credit up even more for my XBOX360 pre-order at GameRush. I will be paid off by November I'm sure.