Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wanted - "The Wild Bunch" 08/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-05, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted - "The Wild Bunch" 08/07

"Connie taps Eddie Drake (a member of the U.S. Marshals Service with a less-than pristine past) to join the Fugitive Task Force. As Drake undergoes the scrutiny of the team, they are called in by the LAPD to help apprehend three suicidal gunmen. When the body count mounts, Connie and his agents find themselves in a showdown with heavily armed Serbian war criminals who have nothing to lose."

Enter Tergesen!
Old 08-07-05, 08:49 PM
Banned

OK, I am going to give this a chance......The flashy trailers and "Wanted" soundtrack have gotten me. I hope this isn't a Shield Rip-off.
Old 08-07-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Good episode. Wonder if they are going to use that 3rd guy who got away later in the season. I think the dynamic is pretty good between the characters. Smartass, rico suave guy, churchie, hot chick, and the tattooed geek.
Old 08-07-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is that the same Josey Scott from the band Saliva? I kind of like the show, although it kind of seems scattered at times. Reminds me of a grittier version of NCIS.
Old 08-07-05, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Yes, it is Josey Scott. Couldn't you tell by all the Saliva songs in the show?
Old 08-07-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nah, don't really listen to Saliva.
Old 08-08-05, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good episode! I'm really digging this show so far. Although sometimes it feels like they are trying a little too hard to be edgy or gritty.

I could definitely see myself buying this on dvd.
Old 08-08-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
After 2 episodes, I am probably not going to watch again. I do not really like the characters, their interplay, or the attempts at being edgy. The dialogue is silly and the actual criminal stories seem to be an afterthought. None of the characters show any real emotion or character traits other than angry, bad-ass, or smart-ass. The whole thing is kind of silly.
Old 08-08-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by cdollaz
After 2 episodes, I am probably not going to watch again. I do not really like the characters, their interplay, or the attempts at being edgy. The dialogue is silly and the actual criminal stories seem to be an afterthought. None of the characters show any real emotion or character traits other than angry, bad-ass, or smart-ass. The whole thing is kind of silly.

I think that's why they added the family dynamic with Connie and his ex and kids.
Old 08-08-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
I think that's why they added the family dynamic with Connie and his ex and kids.
Yeah, but that was pretty weak.
Old 08-08-05, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh,

Losing my interest real fast. The whole cop dad who was never home, got divorced, ass to his ex-wife has gotten old over the years. I agree with others. It's trying to be something it's not. I'll give it another week maybe. The previews for next week didn't make my balls twinge so we'll see.
Old 08-08-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the interaction of the team members but I'm a little put off by the level of violence, which is something I thought I would never say about a show. It's a cop show, so obviously there are going to be shootouts, but last week there was a little girl raped in front of her parents, and this week an entire family brutally murdered in their own yard including another little girl. Plus a tasty shot of a guy with half a head. It's like the show is crossing the line in an effort to be edgy and gritty, like they're trying too hard.
Old 08-09-05, 09:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I like the interaction of the team members but I'm a little put off by the level of violence, which is something I thought I would never say about a show. It's a cop show, so obviously there are going to be shootouts, but last week there was a little girl raped in front of her parents, and this week an entire family brutally murdered in their own yard including another little girl. Plus a tasty shot of a guy with half a head. It's like the show is crossing the line in an effort to be edgy and gritty, like they're trying too hard.

I agree the violence seems just to be gratituous