Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 06:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Battlestar Galactica - "Resistance" - 8/5

"Resistance"
Spoiler:
Tigh's imposition of martial law threatens to split the fleet.
Old 08-05-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could be good, but i'm hoping to see just what the hell Starbuck is up to on Caprica. It seems like we've only seen her for like 5 minutes total in the last couple of episodes.
Old 08-05-05, 10:05 PM

Holy s**t. I was not expecting what happened to Galactica Boomer. This show just got extra-tense.
Old 08-05-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Forget about Galactica Boomer.

The Old Man is back!
Old 08-05-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
not that there was any doubt, but we now know for sure what frak means
Old 08-06-05, 12:11 AM

As good a series as I've seen in several years continues to get better. Who knew that with Richard Hatch we'd see a piece of stunt casting reveal a pretty good actor & a damn interesting character? I'm also really enjoying the character arcs of Apollo & Balter. Great show.
Old 08-06-05, 12:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Good to see Adama finally awake and ready to take command again.

Should be intersting to see who the 8 cylons are.
Spoiler:
Tigh's wife seems the most obvious but after tonight I think Cally, I think there's more to her shooting Boomer then just because of the chief, and Billy staying behind instead of going with Roslin also throws up a red flag regarding him
Old 08-06-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great show. Finally getting some payoff from this season. The first 3 episodes seemed to be mounting to towards this. Should be a great ride from here on in, especially with the
Spoiler:
the Pegasus storyline coming into play
Old 08-06-05, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Yeah I heard em mention the pegasus and cracked a smile one of my favorite old-series stories. This show's just fraking awesome.

Spoiler:
I think galactica boomer had to go, since caprica boomer is coming. That will create a lot of tension and with one gone it won't get confusing as to who's who also. I don't think Calli would be a cylon though, I see what she did more as something outta desperation from stuff that happened on Cobol and also her altercation with Baltar. I think they're going for the little kid forced to grow up fast kinda story arc with her. I'm more worried about Apollo right now than anything else, not him being a cylon but the consequences and stuff...
Old 08-06-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh, who said Apollo isn't a Cylon? Did they ever conclude that Adama wasn't a Cylon? No. 6 never told Rosalyin WHICH Adama.
Old 08-06-05, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I'm surprised Baltar didn't get more heat. After all,
Spoiler:
his "test" cleared Boomer, and then she turned out to be a Cylon. I know they mentioned it briefly, and we have 20/20 vision compared to characters in the show, but I would've thought that would have heavily implicated Baltar for either being a Cylon, or in league with the Cylons. I didn't but the excuse, "Oh, I'm sorry my test was wrong and got the Commander shot. That was just the beta version. Now my test is 100%. Trust me." And all his talking to himself can't be doing wonders for his reputation.
Old 08-06-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I don't understand why some people are using spoiler tags for information from past episodes?
Old 08-06-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
is the "reaching a new home called Earth" thing during the opening credits new for this season?
Old 08-06-05, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
I'm surprised Baltar didn't get more heat. After all,
Spoiler:
his "test" cleared Boomer, and then she turned out to be a Cylon. I know they mentioned it briefly, and we have 20/20 vision compared to characters in the show, but I would've thought that would have heavily implicated Baltar for either being a Cylon, or in league with the Cylons. I didn't but the excuse, "Oh, I'm sorry my test was wrong and got the Commander shot. That was just the beta version. Now my test is 100%. Trust me." And all his talking to himself can't be doing wonders for his reputation.
Gaius Baltar could simply argue that...
Spoiler:
...not having a known cylon before prevented him from being sure which test results indicated a true cylon. But now knowing Boomer was definitely a Cylon, he can use her test results as a baseline for all future tests. So if anyone else's test has the same results, then that person is a cylon. It's a reasonable excuse, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to use it.
Old 08-06-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I wonder if
Spoiler:
the ends with Cally and Boomer was supposed to be a mirror of of Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald?
Sure looked like it.
Old 08-06-05, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I wonder if
Spoiler:
the ends with Cally and Boomer was supposed to be a mirror of of Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald?
Sure looked like it.
I was thinking the same thing
Old 08-06-05, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by schmedy
Agreed. Which for me, gives some weight to the Cally theory.
Old 08-06-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by schmedy
Ditto
Old 08-07-05, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Great episode. Nice to have the old man back. Good theories in the spoilers. This is a show that continues to surprise, so who knows. I forget the number of cyclons types, but we know of 4 I believe.
Old 08-07-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
I guess I don't understand why some people are using spoiler tags for information from past episodes?
To be honest, I'm not sure why I did it (I just talked about stuff from the last ep). But I saw "spoiler tag" hiding other detailed discussion and speculation, and thought to play it safe. Maybe since the many people catch later replays (Friday nights is not a good time), discussion is hidden to be safe?
Old 08-07-05, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
is the "reaching a new home called Earth" thing during the opening credits new for this season?
Yup, and the number of survivors will be updated each episode. There's less "credit sequence" in Galactica and the Stargate series so that SciFi can sell another 30 seconds of ad space.
Old 08-07-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I wonder if
Spoiler:
Sure looked like it.
(head explodes)
Old 08-07-05, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Here is one problem I had with the episode. Not spoilered, so if you haven't seen it, don't read.....

The only reason I would put the Chief in the same cell as a cylon would be so that I could listen and watch how they interact with each other. It seems obvious that they would have the are bugged or have video in the cell. But Baltar didn't even think about that. Didn't occur to him. Obviously they didn't have it bugged. So why would they risk putting potentially two cylons together? Makes no sense.

Additionally, Cally should have been smart enough to know that they were taking a cylon to a special area so that they could learn all about it. One could argue that she was too emotional to see that, but I don't buy that. That certainly gives good support to the idea that she is really a cylon as well.
Old 08-07-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mattrk
Yup, and the number of survivors will be updated each episode. There's less "credit sequence" in Galactica and the Stargate series so that SciFi can sell another 30 seconds of ad space.

SG has no credit sequence anymore, well ok, a 2 second shot of the event horizon of an active gate
Old 08-08-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the show is starting to bore me a little bit. I think it's because I don't really like any of the characters, with the possible exception of Commander Adama. There are just too many plotlines floating around going nowhere.

The plot dealing with the crash on Kobol would have made a fine episode, but extending over several made it feel a bit wasteful. What was the point? The plot dealing with Caprica is also going nowhere fast. It's just not interesting enough to me to sustain going over 20 episodes. For me, it's only served to take Katiebuck off Galactica, which makes her far less interesting.

This might be a Babylon 5 situation, where everything will make more sense down the line, but I don't remember being bored during that. Well, maybe during "Grey 17 Is Missing," but I think that's understandable.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.