Reload this Page >

Breakdown is friggin hard.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-04-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

It's actually more frustrating than hard. I'm stuck near the end with my fight with Solus. You put all this work into it and then he beats your ass. :/

Spoiler:
this is my second time fighting him...

I know there's even more after this and I've heard it gets much worse. If they had a save system that didn't work off of checkpoints, things would be so much less stressful.

Anyone else complete this game? I started it a few months after it came out and got stuck in the burning building early on and only finally got past that part and through the rest of the game recently. Got any pointers for my fight against Solus? I already figured out that I should just conserve my energy until round 2.
Old 08-04-05, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finished the game over the course of five stressful days last summer.

I don't remember the second fight with Solus, but I do remember that patience is key with this game. Then again there were times when some good ole senseless button mashing worked.

I just to warn you that the game gets extremely hard towards the end. I mean wanting to throw your controller through the window tough. There have only been two games that have pushed my limts over the last couple of years:

Ninja Gaiden which wasn't that difficult overall but had a couple of moments that were

and

Breakdown which will kick your ass towards the ending.

Check out Gamefaqs for the alternative ending which I wouldn't have ever figured out on my own.
Old 08-04-05, 12:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of the few games that I really loved but just gave up on because I couldn't finish it IIRC I got stuck in something called the Arena... just wave after wave of enemies w/ no save points
Old 08-04-05, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by nemein
One of the few games that I really loved but just gave up on because I couldn't finish it IIRC I got stuck in something called the Arena... just wave after wave of enemies w/ no save points
That was the moment when I almost killed my X-Box. The arena is by far the most difficult part of the game. I still have nightmares about it! It does get easier after you beat it though.
Old 08-04-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wished I could of stuck with this game but it just wasn't meant to be. I enjoy a challenge but I just wasn't prepared. It was a cool game at a decent price but not worth all the hassle. I'm sure you'll have better luck than I did.
Old 08-04-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'll pay 5 bucks for someone to come over and finish it while I watch.
Old 08-04-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Trigger
I'll pay 5 bucks for someone to come over and finish it while I watch.
That sounds like a great idea since I'd love to see how the story pans out. You record them beating the game and I'll buy a copy of it.
Old 08-04-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll have to buy this if I see it cheap so I can add it to the list of games that regularly kick my ass (hmmm Gun Valkyrie)..
Old 08-04-05, 11:59 PM

I got stuck on the final fight , freezing time to hit a ball while getting pounded by soldiers was just frustrating. I loved the Solus fight though, was really refreshing when you first get to him and well for those that played it you know what happens. Just didn't see that coming