Reload this Page >

Yasumi Matsuno Steps Down

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-02-05, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AFTER NUMEROUS RUMOURS it has been confirmed by Square Enix, developers behind the Final Fantasy series including the upcoming Final Fantasy XII, that series long-time producer Yasumi Matsuno has stepped down from his position due to what are being described as "health issues".

"To all the fans that have been waiting for the release of Final Fantasy XII, I'm sorry that its development has been taking an extremely long time," said Matsuno in his official address. "I unfortunately will have to take a step away from the production scene, but the game is progressing in its development under the hands of excellent staffs, including [Hiroshi] Minagawa, [Hiroyuki] Ito, and [Jun] Akiyama."

The game is mostly done so presuming Matsuno has been taking an active role in the last few months the new producers shouldn't do too much to upset his vision of the videogame.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25084
Old 08-02-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow, its good that he is taking a break it would berather tragic if he died making the game.
Old 08-02-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he was the part I was most looking forward to, as Vagrant Story was one of my all-time favorite games. I hope he's ok, and I'm sure his mark will still be strong in the game as it is nearing completion.
Old 08-04-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess there was some rationale behind the rumor I posted earlier this week. But as I said there.. I don't think this will have much of an effect on the overall final project. I just won a copy of Vagrant Story from eBay but I'm not sure if I'll like it or not yet. I really didn't like Final Fantasy Tactics, but that's more or less because I just don't like those kind of games period. Not that it matters, I think I'm genetically pre-disposed to not like the next Final Fantasy game from what I've seen already.
Old 08-04-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Wouldn't this go in the Square Enix thread?