Old 08-02-05, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Flash TV series is in the works!!!!

From tvshownsondvd.com:

Flash, The - Finally...The Flash!
Posted by David Lambert
8/02/2005

As you know, TVShowsOnDVD owner Gord Lacey spent time last week at the VSDA show in Las Vegas. While there, Gord heard something very good from a source we think is very reliable, and we are now ready to share it with you:

Flash - The Complete Series IS in the works, and WILL be on DVD in the future! The studio hasn't said anything officially about this release yet, so we don't have a date or any other details, but stay tuned and we'll let you know more when we do.

The 1990 series starring John Wesley Shipp as "Barry Allen/The Flash" and Amanda Pays as "Tina McGee" was short-lived (22 episodes) but has become a fan favorite. The show was based on the classic DC Comics superhero about a police scientist who gains super-speed in an accident involving lightning and chemicals, and who uses his powers to fight crime. M. Emmet Walsh, Jason Bernard, Angela Bassett, Priscilla Pointer, Denise Crosby, Jeri Ryan, Bill Mumy, David Cassidy as "The Mirror Master", and Mark Hamill as "The Trickster" are among the many guest stars in this cult classic.

Don't forget that the September 13th release of Smallville - Season 4 includes a bonus DVD featuring an episode of The Flash, so pick that up if you want to get a taste of the set to come. We wish we knew when to tell you to expect the box set, but we really don't have a clue just yet when The Flash will speed his way to store shelves. Stay tuned, though, and we'll keep you updated!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3816

I have a vague memory of he series, since i was 10 when I saw it, but I remember liking it. I hope they announce a steet date soon.
Old 08-02-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
John Wesley Shipp in that sexy red outfit...

... and as gay as the day is long.
Old 08-02-05, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The show was uneven, but there were a few really fun episodes. I'd pick this up.
Old 08-02-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agree on the "uneven" comment, but I'll also be picking this up. Good news
Old 08-02-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha this was a fun show... the spandex suit was great, as was the fast-forwarding / high-speed moments
Old 08-02-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
John Wesley Shipp in that sexy red outfit...

... and as gay as the day is long.
dawson's dad was gay?
Old 08-02-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No doubt I'll be picking this up the day it comes out! Been looking forward to this for years! Myself and a friend pooled our tapes and came two episodes short when he put them on DVD (he was going through recording all his VHS to DVD to dump the VHS).
Old 08-02-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
dawson's dad was gay?
Yup, I remember reading Shipp is gay too. Never saw the Flash, though. Is the eye candy worth checking it out, or do you really have to be into the Flash to enjoy it?
Old 08-02-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joeblow69
Yup, I remember reading Shipp is gay too. Never saw the Flash, though. Is the eye candy worth checking it out, or do you really have to be into the Flash to enjoy it?
I never read the Flash comics, but I enjoyed the show. Of course, I was also 8 at the time.
Old 08-02-05, 01:17 PM
Banned

I remember seeing a few episodes, but don't remember much about them. Seems like it took place in the '40s. Or I could be wrong. I was 16/17 at the time (since everybody is dating themselves).
Old 08-02-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
I remember seeing a few episodes, but don't remember much about them. Seems like it took place in the '40s. Or I could be wrong. I was 16/17 at the time (since everybody is dating themselves).
It was a "modern day" show. You might be thinking of first season Wonder Woman.
Old 08-02-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I think I was one of the dozen people that actually watched this show.
Old 08-02-05, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chew
It was a "modern day" show. You might be thinking of first season Wonder Woman.
Actually, I may have been thinking of portions of the crapfest that was the 'Captain America' movie.
Old 08-02-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I think I was one of the dozen people that actually watched this show.
It was on at 8:30EST so as to not compete against Cosby and Simpsons. I always remember that because it seems like there hasn't been an hour-long drama since that's scheduled start time is at the bottom of the hour.
Old 08-02-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
dawson's dad was gay?
Not only gay, but quite the flirt and very open about it all. (Shipp also managed to have a ongoing fling with bi-curious VanDerBeek during one of the middle seasons of Dawson... Their private "trailer antics" were infamous; needless to say, it probably freaked out the rest of the cast and the producers...)
Old 08-02-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Just thought of his days on "All My Children" as Carter Jones, who always seemed to be one step ahead of everyone else. We would say "Carter Jones!" whenever someone was quick on their feet, ahead of the game, etc.
Old 08-02-05, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by adamblast
needless to say, it probably freaked out the rest of the cast and the producers...)
Very interesting. If he and VDB were indeed fooling around, I wonder if the on-set awkwardness was a contributing factor to killing off Shipp's character.
Old 08-02-05, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
Yeah, it was set in the present, but it did look like they were trying for sort of a "timeless" or "time confused" look similar to the Batman movies (Set in the present, but with vaguely 40s fashions & cars). It also came out shortly after the Dick Tracy movie, so there seemed to be a conscious effort to mimic it's look by shining colored lights on exteriors of all the buildings.
Old 08-02-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I already have every single episode, but will be willing to pick this set up for the better video quality.

I do agree that the city was very ..uhm..colorful. They tried to give it a 'modern timeless' look, if that makes sense.
Old 08-02-05, 04:50 PM

I remember watching the Flash with my dad as a kid - I'll check out the episode with Smallville to get a better idea if I'd still enjoy the series.
Old 08-02-05, 06:28 PM

I may pick this up. I remember watching this when I was younger, but the only things I remember are the red suit and Alex Désert was in it.
Old 08-02-05, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have these on DVD-r, can't wait for the official DVDs though. Hopefully Birds of Prey & WitchBlade arent far off
Old 08-02-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow, didn't know Shipp was gay. he and Amanda Pays had great chemistry on the show.

Originally Posted by adamblast
Not only gay, but quite the flirt and very open about it all. (Shipp also managed to have a ongoing fling with bi-curious VanDerBeek during one of the middle seasons of Dawson... Their private "trailer antics" were infamous; needless to say, it probably freaked out the rest of the cast and the producers...)
Old 08-02-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was a pretty awesome show in its day. I remember watching it as a kid. The Mark Hamill episode alone makes this worth the purchase.
Old 08-02-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
YES!!!!

It shall be mine!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.