Reload this Page >

24 Season 4.... Where is Region 1????

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-01-05, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I tried to seacrh and find my old post on this, but couldn't. I have to ask this question. With R2 and R4 getting 24 Season 4 in a couple of weeks, what is up with us? When are we going to get them? Does anyone have a clue when we might get these? I heard a rumor that Season 4 Region 1 is delayed because they are shooting a little "mini-episode" like they did on the Season 3 DVD set, but is that all that won't be on their? God I'm such a fan of this show, and I am really tempted to just get it now, if they aren't even going to give us a date. What's the holdup?
Old 08-01-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here you go

24 Season 4>>>>>> July 19, 2005
Old 08-01-05, 01:54 AM
Banned

Thanks...but that sadly doesn't answer the question. When the hell are we going to get Season 4 in Region 1. I will be so pissed if they delay this til December, just so they can tie it into Season 5. They also need to add a "play All" button. Come on, Fox what the hell is going on.
Old 08-01-05, 02:48 AM

Calm down...

It will be out in December, according to Cisco.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3409
Old 08-01-05, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't get all these shows that withhold the DVD release of the previous season until after the new season gets going. Don't they want more people poised to watch season 5 come September? Lost is another one. The DVD comes out a heartbeat before the subsequent season starts airing in the fall. Why not get it out this summer and give people a chance to check it out and get hooked in time for the fall premiere?
Old 08-01-05, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by joliom
I don't get all these shows that withhold the DVD release of the previous season until after the new season gets going. Don't they want more people poised to watch season 5 come September?
24 doesn't premiere until January.

But yes, all the shows with September premiere dates and September and beyond DVD release dates is simply stupid.
Old 08-01-05, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joliom
I don't get all these shows that withhold the DVD release of the previous season until after the new season gets going. Don't they want more people poised to watch season 5 come September? Lost is another one. The DVD comes out a heartbeat before the subsequent season starts airing in the fall. Why not get it out this summer and give people a chance to check it out and get hooked in time for the fall premiere?
Because you only need 24 hours (actually less), and you can watch the whole series, duh! Seriously, when I got seasons 1 & 2 on dvd as blind buys, my wife and I got through each of them in 2 to 3 days.
Old 08-01-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
Well, I tried to seacrh and find my old post on this, but couldn't.
Left click on your name and select "find more posts."

And the typical way of releasing an ongoing series is to have it come out just before the new season, that way the DVD can be used to promote the show and the show can be used to promote the DVD.
Old 08-01-05, 09:40 AM

Thanks...but that sadly doesn't answer the question. When the hell are we going to get Season 4 in Region 1. I will be so pissed if they delay this til December, just so they can tie it into Season 5. They also need to add a "play All" button. Come on, Fox what the hell is going on.
Considering how many TV shows are being released in September and October, I don't mind having a couple more months for my credit card to get a breather before shelling out 45-55 bucks for 24 Season 4.

Plus delaying it til December gives them time to film a Pre-Season 5 teaser like they did for the Region 1 Season 3 boxset. And Lord knows we could use one after the way Season 4 ended.
Old 08-01-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I am VERY glad its not coming out until December considering all the upcoming releases in sept-oct.....

Hopefully the Season 5 teaser will have more uncensored Jack Bauer profanity.

It will make a fine christmas present.

Last edited by dadaluholla; 08-01-05 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-01-05, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Because you only need 24 hours (actually less), and you can watch the whole series, duh! Seriously, when I got seasons 1 & 2 on dvd as blind buys, my wife and I got through each of them in 2 to 3 days.
Me too, but consider the average joe who doesn't get through them that quickly. And then there's the availability issue. If you give people a week to watch them before the next season premieres, Blockbuster and Netflix might be completely rented-out for awhile. The real objective of most shows is to maximize their advertising revenue - DVD sales are usually a secondary concern. So the more people set to watch the new season the better. It'd be smarter to release the DVD set at least one month before the next season starts up.
Old 08-02-05, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Considering how many TV shows are being released in September and October, I don't mind having a couple more months for my credit card to get a breather before shelling out 45-55 bucks for 24 Season 4.

Plus delaying it til December gives them time to film a Pre-Season 5 teaser like they did for the Region 1 Season 3 boxset. And Lord knows we could use one after the way Season 4 ended.

Thank You for not mentioning anything about Season 4. I watch these series completely blind, and feel I get the best enjoyment out of the series that way. You are too be commended. In positive news, I always have 2 weeks off in December, so that's actually a great time, since I'll be able to knock the puppy out in a weekend. Also, I now know what I'm asking for Christmas

Last edited by Dalvin; 08-02-05 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Thank You for not mentioning anything about Season 4. I watch these series completely blind, and feel I get the best enjoyment out of the series that way. You are too be commended. So jerk-off on another site, gave away a MASSIVE spoiler on Six Feet Under, when I was in the middle of going through the series. Not cool!
I think your best bet will be to stay away from any 24 DVD related thread until the DVD set is out if you want to stay spoiler free.
Old 08-03-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hopefully the menus are pretty spoiler free like Season 3. I remember them being pretty crappy for Season 2, and we always had to look away from whatever picture they were showing.
Old 08-03-05, 06:19 PM
Banned

Damn I saw a new reply and thought there might be some info. Isn't an official anoouncement soon to be expected? I can't believe that R2 and R4 get this next week. Lucky Bastards
Old 08-03-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ugh, we have to wait until December?!? I didn't watch Season 4 on T.V. (was busy watching seasons 1-3), and I've had to avoid Spoilers like the plague. That's a bummer.
Old 08-04-05, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
Ugh, we have to wait until December?!? I didn't watch Season 4 on T.V. (was busy watching seasons 1-3), and I've had to avoid Spoilers like the plague. That's a bummer.

OMG SO YOU DONT KNOW KIM GOT EATEN BY A MOUNTAIN LION!!!!?!?!?!?!?!ONE!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!
Old 08-04-05, 01:15 PM
Banned

stu 17.....You idiot don't spoil it for him!!!!!!
Old 08-04-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Stu 17
OMG SO YOU DONT KNOW KIM GOT EATEN BY A MOUNTAIN LION!!!!?!?!?!?!?!ONE!!!!!?!?!?!?!!!

The greatest scene ever in all the history of 24 is when Kim does that gymnastic move on the lion before he eats her...no wait, that's Lost World...sort of