Far Cry Instincts Trailer 1
Far Cry Instincts Trailer 2
Burnout Revenge
Roland GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer
Old 07-28-05, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok....and now for my thoughts.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - Way better than I imagined but the cutscenes and grahics look like PSOne graphicsat times. There is clipping GALORE in the transition scenes and it really hurts my impression of the game.

Rainbow Six: Lockdown - Online is nice but I hate online only since there are NO people online with this right now.

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - It's pretty good considering the demo is just smashing as much shit as you can in a certain period of time. It's like the old Rampage games on steroids.

XBOX 360
Call Of Duty 2 Video - I sure hope the final game looks way more detailed

Features
Marc Ecko Interview - *yawn*
Real Street Bombing - see above
AND 1 Streetball - not my thing so I could care less

Video Showcase
The Suffering: The Ties That Bind - Looks pretty wild but I never played much of the first one
Ultimate Spider-Man - Not a follower of the series that much so I can't say it interests me much
X-Men Legends 2 - Same as last time but with more playable characters....not sure if that is good or bad yet
Far Cry Instincts Trailer 1 & 2 - So tired of waiting for this game I know longer even want to play it.
Burnout Revenge - Looks great but I wish this was coming out for the 360. As it stands I'll probably wait a while to get this one so I can get a deal on it.
Roland GR-20 Guitar Synthesizer - Didn't even look at this video and probably never will.

Overall I'm getting tired of only a few demos and online only demos. I also wish we'd get high profile demos more often instead of 1 time every 3-4 months. I'm still fairly happy with the magazine but the demo discs don't excite me very often. I missed out on the demo disc last month and just received it yesterday. I was hoping the Battlefield demo would be sweet but I can't seem to get into it. Now I have to wait for someone on here to get this demo disc so I can see if Lockdown will be worth getting.

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 07-28-05 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-28-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been pretty disappointed with the demo discs since I signed up a few months ago. The two or three lackluster demos lately haven't done much for me.
Old 08-10-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I got my disc yesterday...played two of the three games.

MK - The game was fun....a nice action game, not sure if I would pay $50 for it, but it's a cool idea.
RS:Lockdown - This seemed HORRIBLE, graphics did not seem as good as the last installments. The LIVE play seemed slow and clunky, something just didn't feel right. I have this pre-ordered....so I might still get it. Just seemed off.

Hulk is getting great reviews though...I'll play that later.