Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Japanese Developers commit to Xbox 360 (game list included)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-25-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TOKYO — July 25, 2005 — Today at the Xbox® Summit 2005 in Tokyo, more than 50 of Japan’s elite game publishers pledged their support for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, underscoring the momentum Microsoft Corp. is amassing behind the next-generation console. The games announced today, to a standing-room-only audience, span a full range of genres and include titles previously exclusive to other video game systems. These next-generation games, including major titles such as “Resident Evil” and “Ridge Racer,” showcase the incredible experiences enabled through Xbox 360, presenting entertainment experiences that are always connected, always personalized and always optimized for high-definition television, while also spectacular on standard-definition televisions. By leveraging the system’s revolutionary combination of hardware, software and services, these developers have brought their globally popular brand of gaming artistry to the next generation.

Japanese publishers that announced their support today for Xbox 360 include Capcom Co. Ltd., Konami Corp., Namco Ltd. and Tecmo Ltd., among others.

“Japan is one of the most important video game markets in the world and is a key pillar of our global strategy for Xbox 360,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Publishing for Xbox at Microsoft. “Our deep commitment to the Japanese market is evident in the exciting and unprecedented alliances we’ve forged with Japan’s most talented and beloved game developers. Their new Xbox 360 titles will show the Japanese community and beyond that we are committed to defining the next generation of interactive entertainment.”

Xbox 360 Game Titles Shown at Xbox Summit 2005

Activision

· “Call of Duty 2”

· “Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland”

· “Quake IV”

· “Gun”

A R C System Works Co. Ltd.

· “Versus Tactical Action” (working title)

Artdink Corp.

· “A-Train X”

Atari Japan Co. Ltd.

· “Test Drive Unlimited”

Bandai Co. Ltd.

· “Mobile Suit Gundam” (working title)

Banpresto Co. Ltd.

· “Super Robot Wars” (working title)

Capcom

· “Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5)”

· “Dead Rising”

Cavia Inc.

· Title TBA

D3 Publisher Inc.

· “E-D-FX” (working title)

· “Chambara Beauty X” (working title)

Eidos KK

· Title TBA

Electronic Arts K. K.

· “FIFA Soccer 2006”

· “NBA Live 2006”

· “Need for Speed Most Wanted”

FromSoftware Inc.

· eNCHANT arM

Frontier Groove Inc.

· Title TBA

G.Rev Ltd.

· Title TBA

Genki Co. Ltd.

· “Shutokou Battle” (working title)

Hamster Corp.

· Title TBA

Hudson Soft Co. Ltd.

· “Far East of Eden Ziria – Tales from Distant Jipang”

Idea Factory

· Title TBA

Jaleco Ltd.

· Title TBA

Kids Station Inc.

· Title TBA

KOEI Co. Ltd.

· “Dynasty Warriors 5”

Konami

· “Winning Eleven” (working title)

· “Rumble Roses XX” (working title)

· “Proyakyu Spirits” (working title)

Marvelous Interactive Inc.

· Title TBA

Microsoft Co. Ltd.

· “NINETY-NINE NIGHTS”

· “Every Party”

· “Project Gotham Racing® 3”

Namco

· “Frame City Killer”

· “Ridge Racer 6”

· RPG Title TBA

· “Love Football” (working title)

SEGA Corp.

· “Chromehounds” (working title)

SNK Playmore Corp.

· “King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2” (working title)

Spike Co. Ltd.

· Title TBA

Square Enix Co. Ltd.

· “Final Fantasy XI”

Success Corp.

· “Zookeeper” (working title)

· “Operation Darkness” (working title)

TAITO Corp.

· “World Airforce” (working title)

Tecmo

· “Dead or Alive 4”

· “Dead or Alive Xtreme 2”

· “Project Progressive”

· “Dead or Alive code: Cronus”

THQ Japan

· “Saints Row”

· “The Outfit”

Tomy

· “Zoids” (working title)

Treasure Co. Ltd.

· Title TBA

Ubisoft KK

· “Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter” (working title)

Vivendi

· Title TBA

Yuke’s Co. Ltd.

· “Wrestle Kingdom”

Japanese-developed games have been embraced across the world for their unique design, eclectic characters, film-quality production values and fantastic gameplay. With Xbox 360 providing next-generation muscle, these fascinating worlds and characters explode into the high-definition era. Today’s breathtaking game demonstrations proved to the world, with staggering results, what happens when Japan’s unique visionaries develop for the most powerful next-generation system.

“The next generation is here, and Microsoft is ready to deliver,” said Shigeru Yokoyama, Contents and Technology Company president of Namco. “With the blend of powerful hardware, software and services, Xbox 360 allows us to create gaming experiences more satisfying, more lifelike and more interactive then ever before. The possibilities of some of our most exciting franchises and games, such as ‘Ridge Racer’ and ‘Frame City Killer,’ are limitless on Xbox 360.”

“Bandai is developing three exclusive games for Xbox 360, one of which is ‘Mobile Suit Gundam,’ a fully networked game that utilizes the Xbox Live® infrastructure. With a combination of HD quality and Xbox Live, gamers will be able to experience a totally new Gundam world,” said Shin Unozawa, president, Video Game Company, Bandai Co. Ltd.

“With Xbox 360, we are working with the most advanced gaming technology in the world to create the ultimate gaming experience,” said Isamu Fukada, director of Tecmo. “Microsoft’s next-generation platform demonstrates a sincere commitment to delivering great games to the Japanese market.”

“Microsoft has assembled an impressive lineup of Japanese game developers and seems committed to producing games that appeal to this market,” said Michihiro Ishizuka, corporate officer, president, Konami. “We are excited about the possibilities provided by Xbox 360’s powerful hardware and services, and look forward to creating dynamic new worlds for gamers to explore.”

Today’s demonstrations also showcased the innovative strides being taken to advance the online gameplay experience through Microsoft’s industry-leading online games service, Xbox Live. Xbox Live has a worldwide membership exceeding 2 million, having doubled its dynamic community in just one year — the equivalent to adding one Xbox Live member every 30 seconds. With Xbox 360, gamers can expect incredible new experiences in the next generation of Xbox Live with features such as multiple levels of service (free Xbox Live Silver membership to premium Gold membership), Gamercards, Gamerzones, an integrated message center and Xbox Live Marketplace, a one-stop shop for downloadable content, including free and premium maps, levels, demos, casual games, trailers, and other game-enhancing content.

Xbox 360 is on track to launch in three regions this Christmas holiday: Japan, Europe and North America. This three-region launch will be a first in video game history.
Old 07-27-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
While this is good news Im wondering how long these developers will support the XB 360. Konami and Capcom especially, seeing as how there support here in america is next to non-existant.
Old 07-27-05, 12:07 PM
Retired

Seems like pretty much the same type of games the X-box gots. i.e. stuff I have no interst in playing for the most part.
Old 07-27-05, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
While it doesnt interest you (I have no idea what kind of games you play anyway) I feel this is what could make or break the XB 360. Some people buy games on name alone and its usually about 50-50 at best when someone buys a game with their favorite company logo on it. But then not everyone bought Crimson Tears so I dont exactly feel sorry for Capcom. Yeah, right now it just seems like rehash but if these developers continue their support long after the rehash is done Im sure we will see more original titles than just the next sequel. But judging by your comment I can only assume that you rarely take risk in what you play.
Old 07-27-05, 12:59 PM
Retired

No I like original titles, and not rehash (which is why that list looks like crap to me), so I'd say I take risks. Easy to since I rarely pay more than $20 for a game. I don't buy by company name at all. I read reviews and see if it sounds like somethign I'd enjoy. I couldn't care less who made it.

But I hope you're right and they get more original titles, but I feel it will probably be like this gen where the X-box just got rehash, and the original games went to the PS2 or GC (i.e. Viewtiful Joe).
Old 07-29-05, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny how Konami has now realised that Rumble Roses is the type of game that belongs on xbox .