Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Penn & Teller Bull****: Signs From Heaven - 7/25/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-25-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Showtime, 9:05pm CDT (repeated one hour later)

(This episode was originally scheduled for 7/04/05. While this is the first broadcast it has been available on many Video on Demand systems since 7/05/05.)

The Virgin Mary…or a grilled cheese sandwich? Just a recent example of the public's willingness to believe ordinary statues, icons, relics pictures, stains on tortillas, and burn marks on a piece of greasy white bread are signs from Heaven. Bullshit!

We'll examine the way preachers, faith healers, psychic researchers, and everyday folk continue to prey on those who pray. And we'll talk to scientists, historians, philosophers, and literary figures that will explain why humans are wired to attribute meaning to random patterns and events. We'll also show you how easy it is to find people who will find God wherever they look...even if it's in a photograph of ...headcheese.
As one who has seen the show through VOD, I recommend it as I think it is one of the better episodes in this lackluster season.

Next week: The Best (season finale). (Not a clip show)