Reload this Page >

Xbox Wireless Controller Advice?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-22-05, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in need of a replacement Xbox controller and was eying this one on sale at BB this week:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&ref=10&loc=01

Anyone had any experience with it? Do any online sites review controllers?
Old 07-22-05, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope... it looks a lot like the massive old kind I have from Pelican, though, and they aren't very good.

The Logitech is the one to get. Of course, there is no plug in for the headset.
Old 07-22-05, 11:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the one from Pelican and haven't had any problems w/ it yet (aside from when I forget to turn it off and burn out the batteries ).
Old 07-22-05, 11:14 AM

I have the Logitech one as well and it works great. The only problem, as the guy above said, is that there is no way for the headset to plug in.
Old 07-22-05, 11:19 AM

The Logitech responds almost identically to the MS original wired controller. And it's smaller (like Controller-S) and turns itself on (when you press a button) and off (after a few minutes of inactivity).

I found the Pelican to be a little laggy sometimes, and yes, the on-off switch can be a chore to remember ; )

For some games it's fine, but in really fast response games like Halo 2, the Pelly got me killed to many times.
Old 07-22-05, 11:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
um... maybe we don't have the same Pelican because mine is the "S" type size. Anyway, I think the main thing that kept me from getting the Logitech was the price. For that amount of money I would hope it would work comparatively better
Old 07-22-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
um... maybe we don't have the same Pelican because mine is the "S" type size. Anyway, I think the main thing that kept me from getting the Logitech was the price. For that amount of money I would hope it would work comparatively better
No diggity. I hated the logitech. I felt like for sports and FPS it just wasn't doing the job. Plus, it was so wide, it was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
Old 07-23-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
No diggity. I hated the logitech. I felt like for sports and FPS it just wasn't doing the job. Plus, it was so wide, it was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
Josh, you must be talking about the old, discontinued one. The new Wireless Precision ones are almost exactly the same size as the S-controllers. Except for a less-than-ideal, awkwardly raised D-pad and triggers with slightly decreased travel, it's perfect for use offline.