Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

GITS SAV v7 : Disc Freezing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-05, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GITS SAV v7 : Disc Freezing.

here we go again. got my 'ghost in the shell : stand alone complex' volume 7. the disc i was playing was the disc as per the standard edition (non-DTS) as per the standard edition. this is the same disc that had the inclusion of DTS (i.e was mispressed) in a previous volume.

this time i get a freeze several times in relatively quick succession during the first episode. the frame goes still and the disc appears to keep playing. stopping the disc and starting it again makes it begin from the point it froze at but then it happens again a short while later...

anyone else got this disc and can confirm a similar problem, potentially confirming theres a pressing problem with this disc also? i am going to try it on my other DVD player later, but i will say that ive not had any problems with my player on any other discs, and its a frequently used player, but i have had problems with GITS disc(s) previously.

will post update later...
Old 07-21-05, 12:59 PM

I will get my SE in the mail in a couple days and will then report back.
None of the reviews mention any problems...but thats doesn't mean it isn't there.
Old 07-21-05, 01:01 PM

i tried to replicate the problem on my nicer player by putting the disc to the same point. no stammer or freezing. i would like to try watching an entire episode on both players to compare, but i would like to hear of others having this disc and trying it out. again, my cheaper player (poineer) hasnt experienced problems elsewhere, so why now : GITS is my only answer at this point.
Old 07-21-05, 01:33 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No report of disc freezing at AOD forum....yet.
Old 07-21-05, 02:23 PM

Mine works fine as well ... though if you go by Appleseed, I'm not to be trusted
Old 07-21-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah man, what happened there?

(j/k)

And that definitely sounds like a player-issue, not a disc-issue.
Old 07-22-05, 02:57 AM

i tried this again last night. stuck the DTS disc in and watched the first episode with english 2.0 : no problems. stuck the non-DTS disc in and FROZE again, twice. heard the head of the reader shift slightly like it does when disc is stopped. so its this particular disc. this player is comparable to what i believe the majority will own : a decent enought player. my higher-end very expensive player coped with the brief test perfectly well. so i suggests its a problem with the non-DTS disc that may not be through the entire batch. people : keep tryin them, and i am sure some other people will get this same problem. i for one am convinced its the disc and nothing else is causing the player to do this : i tested it for hours to make sure of that. stick in the discs for GITS and bingo! FREEZE!
Old 07-22-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would post at the AOD Glitch Disc forum and check there, too, to see if anyone else has the freezing issue.
Old 07-22-05, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
I would post at the AOD Glitch Disc forum and check there, too, to see if anyone else has the freezing issue.
will do.