GAMERUSH - Deals thread

Old 07-20-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GAMERUSH - Deals thread

I wanted to start a new thread.

DEALS: (UPDATED 2-08-06)

- NONE

(rumors are a buy 2 get 1 free on pre-owned....I think the 25% off pre-owned is dead too)

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 02-08-06 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-20-05, 10:57 AM
RVP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought they killed trade 2 preorder for $30, due to people taking unfair advantage of it.

Edit: Oops nevermind just checked their site and it is back again. Great deal
I also have a question that is somewhat related but don't know where to ask. I have 3 games on preorder with them that don't come out for a few months, but I may be moving out of state soon. Is there any way they can transfer preorders to another store? Or will they just give me store credit for the total $?

Last edited by RVP; 07-20-05 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-20-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RVP
Ithought they killed trade 2 preorder for $30, due to people taking unfair advantage of it.
Actually this wasn't the one people were taking unfair advantage of. It was the trade 3 get a used game for $5. People would trade three, get a $40+ dollar used game for $5 and then trade it right back in.

Back on topic the trade 2 get a preorder for $30 is indeed back which is great news. This is a great trade in deal for $50 games.
Old 07-20-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RVP
I thought they killed trade 2 preorder for $30, due to people taking unfair advantage of it.

Edit: Oops nevermind just checked their site and it is back again. Great deal
I also have a question that is somewhat related but don't know where to ask. I have 3 games on preorder with them that don't come out for a few months, but I may be moving out of state soon. Is there any way they can transfer preorders to another store? Or will they just give me store credit for the total $?
The best thing you acn do is ask. However, if you pre-ordered them with a trade 2 deal get one for $30, they MIGHT only give you $30 back. I'm trying to switch some XBOX games to 360, but they've given me a hard time
Old 07-20-05, 01:34 PM

Are they taking preorders on 360, PS3, Revolution games already?
Old 07-20-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by warcp
Are they taking preorders on 360, PS3, Revolution games already?
They have a handful on XBOX360 games in the system. No PS3 yet. The ACTUAL XBOX360 system is still not in GameRush's computer system to take pre-orders. So, you can get games, just not the system....yet.

Also, the 360 games are probably NOT used in this new deal (unless you get a dumb employee)
Old 07-21-05, 01:56 PM

Technically, you'd need to get a smart, customer service-oriented employee.

Dumb employees probably wouldn't know how to enter the proper steps to activate the $20 discount. And if you were forced to use an employee from the Blockbuster side of the store, they probably wouldn't even know what an Xbox 360 is.

Fortunately for me, I ran across one of these uncommon workers, so my first 360 game (Call of Duty 2) is fully paid for.

Bottom line: It doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 07-21-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mr.snowmizer
Technically, you'd need to get a smart, customer service-oriented employee.

Dumb employees probably wouldn't know how to enter the proper steps to activate the $20 discount. And if you were forced to use an employee from the Blockbuster side of the store, they probably wouldn't even know what an Xbox 360 is.

Fortunately for me, I ran across one of these uncommon workers, so my first 360 game (Call of Duty 2) is fully paid for.

Bottom line: It doesn't hurt to ask.
No, the SMART ones know that 360 games are not included in the deal. I asked, and they said NO.
Old 07-21-05, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
No, the SMART ones know that 360 games are not included in the deal. I asked, and they said NO.
Yeah, unfortunately it clearly states 'only applies to titles $49.99 and lower' which rules out all XB360 titles (at least for now).
Old 07-22-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, anyone have any recomendations on what to PRE-ORDER?

Here's my list thus far...I may trade in 2 or 4 more games, so 1 or 2 more I would need.

GTA (PSP)
The rest are XBOX
Black Hawk Down
Madden 2006
Far Cry
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Burnout Revenge
25 to Life
Rainbow Six:Lockdown

I believe that's it.....I wanted to switch a few to 360 games, but they are not too eager to do that (or they will only give me $30 credit....which kinda sucks)

So, any other XBOX or PSP games highly recommended? (I wanted $50 PSP games to maximize the deal)
Old 07-22-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All you have to do on pre-orders to switch them to 360 titles is to wait for your game to come in, take the game then turn around and return it for store credit. They give you $49.99 store credit. Apply that to a 360 pre-order. Done.
Old 07-22-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm thinking about preordering Geist, but I want to wait for some reviews. I just wish this deal had been in place a couple of weeks ago so I could have gotten Killer 7.

I already have FFXII and Zelda: Twilight Princess preordered, but I'm stuck on what else I want.
Old 07-22-05, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DamingR
All you have to do on pre-orders to switch them to 360 titles is to wait for your game to come in, take the game then turn around and return it for store credit. They give you $49.99 store credit. Apply that to a 360 pre-order. Done.
Sometimes they only give you $30 though....if you used that deal. Some are strict, some are not. I'm going to try and switch Call of Duty today...I have some free rentals to use anyways

Also, is Battlefield 2 coming to XBOX 360? I thought it was, but I'm not sure...I may cancel that one also.
Old 07-22-05, 01:33 PM

Don't know why you needed to respond to a humorous reply with BOLD TEXT like this.

But since you did, you're talking about UNINFORMED employees, not DUMB ones. DUMB ones wouldn't know how to override the system to get it done.

However, since the slight attempt at levity (even with smilies) went over like a lead balloon, I'll just back out at this point.

But back on point, for anybody heading to a Game Rush, there have been numerous reports of people getting 360 games preordered. So, while the odds should be fairly low, they're not zero.
Old 07-22-05, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I tried to switch a previous pre-order I had to a 360 game and I said I would pay the extra $10....NOPE. They only will give me $30 for my pre-order since I used the pre-order deal in the past....oh well
Old 07-23-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it may be YMMV, but I have returned games that I received as pre-orders at least 15 times. I always take the game, then return the game and tell them "I don't have the receipt, but it is on my account." They look up my account in the computer and say "I can give you $xx.xx store credit."

Like I said, it may be YMMV. Then again, you could always take that sealed game to Wal-Mart and exchange it there, depending on your personal view on the morality of doing that.
Old 07-23-05, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal to me. I know I can always return them to GameRush after I get them and get store credit...and almost ALL new games get $30-$35 (if it retails for $50). So, I can keep the game for a while and trade it back in and use the credit for a 360 game. I'm not dishonest in trying to scam WalMart
Old 07-23-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Preordered Geist today. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a complete turd.

I was going to preorder Fire Emblem, but of course they couldn't find it in their computer even though they had it out on their preorder display.
Old 08-07-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Updated first post:

my pre-order list:
GTA (PSP)
The rest are XBOX
Madden 2006
Far Cry
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Burnout Revenge
25 to Life
Bully

(I might get 1-3 more games...depends on if the 25% deal will let you double-dip both deals)

Any recomendations for XBOX or PSP? I might get X-Men Legends II, Warriors, Godfather, Scarface, Burnout (PSP)...
Old 08-09-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just a bump....new deal should be starting today. I'll confirm as I have to pick up Madden and trade in a few games (I'll pre-order something too)
Old 08-09-05, 11:43 AM

I'm assuming the new deal is "Get an extra 25% when you trade 3 or more games", since I've got the flyer right in front of me while I type.

On the back, it illustrates the usual amount of games with their trade-in values, including both Madden '06 and Delta Force: Black Hawk Down being worth $43.75 in credit each (it should be able to buy them new elsewhere for less than that, especially if you have a Fry's nearby).

The only other notable item is the trade-in value of a PSP. It was at $160 for the longest time, then dropped to $150 for a couple of weeks, and has now jumped to $175.
Old 08-09-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts
So the "trade in 2, preorder a game for 30" is over now, or is this just a new deal in addition to that one?
Old 08-09-05, 12:06 PM

I believe this is in addition. Knowing that one was supposed to go until September or October, I didn't bother checking to make sure it was still in effect, though.

Assuming it's still here, there should be nothing in their computerized system to prevent using both deals on the same transaction, if you find a willing employee. Both deals' barcodes could be scanned in at their respective proper times, and both should work.
Old 08-09-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the correction on the deal....I hope I can combine both deals today.
Old 08-10-05, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I traded in 4 games and they had no clue of the 25% deal...I pre-ordered two more games anyways:

my pre-order list:
GTA (PSP)
Burnout Legends (PSP)
The rest are XBOX
Far Cry
Call of Duty 2
Battlefield 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Burnout Revenge
25 to Life
Bully
Godfather

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.