Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Comicon dvd announcement thread. Please post all info and pics inside.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Official Comicon dvd announcement thread. Please post all info and pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone. Thought i would start a central thread for all things comicon this weekend. I know several dvd talkers are out and about making the rounds, and hopefully they can give us some insight. I am trying to keep up with as many titles as possible over in Cameron's Big Release List July Edition but i have a feeling alot of titles will be announced this weekend. So post them as you see them. Any pictures, video, press releases, or stories are welcome. Please link where you can.

Already announced

Beavis & Butthead: The Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1 11.08.05

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Straight From Comic Con: Season 1, Volume 1 Box Art!

titles came a little early but officially announced at comicon

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 3 -- Oct. 25th

Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection: Vol. 2 -- Oct. 25th

You knew it was coming, Elektra Directors Cut in November rumor (10.18.05)
Old 07-16-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter Jackson and Bryan Singer Talk DVDs - X-Men 2.5 rumor and a few other tidbits from the Digital Bits "DVD Producers 2005":
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=10378

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20739
Comic Con: Scoop on JUSTICE LEAGUE, THE BATMAN, Direct to DVD BATMAN & DRACULA also direct to dvd SUPERMAN toon movie!

Regarding the Batman vs. Dracula direct to DVD:
Amazon.com has two listings. The movie will be released on October 18, 2005. The movie plus two figures will be released on November 22, 2005.

Last edited by fryinpan1; 07-16-05 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-16-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 151 Posts
Direct to DVD Futurama DVD announced
Old 07-17-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from dvd answers

Title: Revenge of the Sith
Starring: Ewan McGreggor
Released: 8th November 2005
SRP: $27.95

Further Details
Early details have emerged at Comic Con on Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith which stars Ewan McGreggor and Hayden Christensen. This new two-disc set will be available to own from the 8th November this year, and should retail at around $27.95. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track. Extras will include an audio commentary, a brand new long-form documentary, numerous new mini documentaries that take you behind the scenes of Episode III, and deleted scenes. One of these scenes chronicles the birth of the Rebel Alliance. It takes place in Senator Bail Organa's office, and we meet Senator Mon Mothma, who, as we see in Return of the Jedi, is the leader of the Rebel Alliance. We've attached a couple of screen shots from this brand new scene below. Stay tuned for further details, as we're expecting an official announcement very shortly.
Old 07-18-05, 02:45 AM
Suspended

OK so I ran into Dave Stevens of "Rocketeer" fame and asked him about the possibility of a Rocketeer Special Edition and he said that he has pitched it to the folks at Disney and they seemed receptive. He said he didn't want to talk about it too much because he didn't want to jinx it. He told me that he had 16 hours of behind the scenes footage that he shot with his own video camera back when the movie was shooting and he was hoping to include a bunch of it if/when Disney releases a Special Edition. He said Disney was interested in seeing what he had. But don't expect a "Director's Cut" for the special edition, Joe Johnston still hates Disney ... Dave said don't hold your breath for that ... well that's all I have from the con.
Old 07-18-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thats some good rocketeer news.
Old 07-18-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
The announcement we have all been waiting for:
House of the Dead 2!!!1

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/634/634246p1.html

No Boll this time though
Old 07-18-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
The director of "The Mindscape of Alan Moore" said that they're hoping to release the film on DVD around Nov. 5 to tie into "V for Vendetta." It's not official, but if anyone is waiting to see this amazing movie, it will be around then.
Old 07-18-05, 12:13 PM

No Boll, terrible news.
Old 07-18-05, 12:44 PM

Sweet news on The Rocketeer i will cross my fingers on this one....
Old 07-18-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

An American Gothic fan forum is reporting that Shawn Cassidy had a panel at the convention, and he confirmed that AG is headed to DVD later this year. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 07-18-05, 03:49 PM

Upcoming titles mentioned at the DVD Producers panel included:

Superman Returns
The Chronicles of Narnia
Stealth
XXX2
Mallrats X
Kingdom of Heaven
Gladiator Extended Edition
Blue Thunder: SE
Domino
King Kong
Lords of Dogtown

I know, most of these are new films, so not much of a surprise. Just thought I'd add them to the list.
Old 07-18-05, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
An American Gothic fan forum is reporting that Shawn Cassidy had a panel at the convention, and he confirmed that AG is headed to DVD later this year. Can anyone confirm this?

I went to the ABC panel on Saturday and while promoting Invasion(which looks cool) Cassidy was asked if there would be a dvd of AG and he said there should be one in October or November. The only thing was he answered it in a "i'm not really sure" kinda way.

They also showed some of the special features from the upcoming Lost DVD; one was a featurette about the creation of the show, and theother about the filiming of the pilot, finally they showed a couple deleted scenes (which were boring).
Old 07-18-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
The Digital Bits has their report from their "DVD Producers" panel. I'd link it but "My Two Cents" changes so not sure if the link would work. They hope to have a podcast of the whole panel and the Peter Jackson video available within 2 weeks.
Old 07-18-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
The director of "The Mindscape of Alan Moore" said that they're hoping to release the film on DVD around Nov. 5 to tie into "V for Vendetta." It's not official, but if anyone is waiting to see this amazing movie, it will be around then.
"The Mindscape of Alan Moore" is something I want to see very badly. Hope the DVD comes through.
Old 07-18-05, 11:36 PM
Suspended

Glad someone asked about American Gothic, I had planned on going over to that panel and asking the same question but it conflicted with another panel I wanted to go to. Glad to hear that something might be in the works!!! Woooooooooooooooo
Old 07-19-05, 01:21 AM

Additionally, I talked to Jeph Loeb about a Commando SE and there was no news nor plans.
Old 07-19-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Though it's nothing solid at the moment, I'm nontheless excited about that American Gothic "news."
Old 07-19-05, 10:56 AM

Yay! Possible Rocketeer SE. I was hoping for this, with the explosion of comic book movies, Disney moving into the superhero genre with Incredibles and Sky High, and the renewed popularity of Bill Campbell and Jennifer Connelly.

Last edited by cinephan; 07-19-05 at 11:00 AM.