Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Beverly Hillbillies 50 episode set for $9.99 at Ross

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beverly Hillbillies 50 episode set for $9.99 at Ross

Just picked up the Beverly Hillbillies 50 episode dvd set at Ross Dress for Less store for $9.99. These are the same public domain episodes that all the cheapie companies have been putting out for years, but this is the first set I've come across with a whopping 50 episodes! I didn't realize there were that many in the public domain. The set is put out by Diamond Entertainment. There are 5 discs with 10 episodes on each disc. They are housed in slim line dvd cases. They don't have the original opening and closing music) instead they have some deep voiced guy who sounds like he's trying to do an Elvis impression and isn't very good at it. But I happy to report that there is no irratating logo in the corner.

If you're just a casual fan like myself, then this is the set for you! Not every state has a Ross, though. They're only in about 25 states.

However, if you're a real fan, you should know this show is going to be released by MPI home video in Sept. It will feature 26 newly-restored and unedited episodes with the classic opening and closing theme songs and extras for $34.95.

Last edited by ron lee green; 07-14-05 at 02:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-14-05, 09:07 AM

Diamond's Beverly Hillbillies Collection

I saw this collection from Diamond online for a little more than $10, but have included a link for anyone who wants to see the episode selection:

http://www.meritline.com/dvd-movie-b...lies-5-pk.html

Looks like Diamond is trying to get out a little ahead of the official Hillbillies release from MPI but, you've got to give them credit, this is a very large collection of episodes, one of the largest that I've ever seen on a single television series from a public domain releasing company.
Old 07-14-05, 12:00 PM

Yes, that's the set I'm talking about! I was trying to find a link online. Good job, Bobhug!
Old 07-14-05, 09:11 PM

Thanks Ron, went by my local Ross and picked one up for $9.99 - great deal in my book. Thanks.....