Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

August 2005 OXM

Old 07-13-05, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
August 2005 OXM

The demo disc for this one has been pretty interesting. It has a few videos of Xbox 360 games with a couple interviews with some developers.

The big demo though was Battlefield 2. Is this the same game as the PC version everyone is talking about? Either way it has been pretty cool so far and definately snagged my interest. Pretty neat team gameplay if you can get a couple people to actually play it like a team game
Old 07-13-05, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just seen on bungie.net that you were playing this game. Now I have to pick up the mag to play it to.

I am such the follower.
Old 07-13-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts
Originally Posted by tjr2mental
I just saw on bungie.net that you were playing this game. Now I have to pick up the mag to play it too.

I am such a loser.
Fixed.
Old 07-13-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just seen on bungie.net that you were playing this game. Now I have to pick up the mag to play it to.

I am such the follower.
After playing the demo a little bit i am pretty excited to pick up the game when it comes out. Especially if i get a few people on here to all form a clan together - it seems to heavily reward/rely on teamwork and having people who know how to play their role would make a big difference.

It does take some adjusting from Halo though. I have been trying to get the medic class down and it isn't a class where charging in anywhere a la Master Chief will accomplish anything. I also got a huge kick out of playing the Special Ops unit and sneaking up on both a tank and an APC firing on my team, planting a C4 charge on them and blowing them both up killing everyone inside. I'm pretty easy to entertain really.

One last thing, the surrounds on the ol' HTS were really good. I could hear fire clearly coming from certain directions, helicopters approaching, and even my other teammates radioing for airstrikes right around me. Great sound.

Last edited by xmiyux; 07-13-05 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-13-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice...I'll have to check out the demo....I believe it is slated to come out for the 360 also, so visuals should be nicer on that
Old 07-13-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Nice...I'll have to check out the demo....I believe it is slated to come out for the 360 also, so visuals should be nicer on that
If that is the case then you just made my day. I was kind of hating to get excited for an Xbox game coming out at the end of the lifecycle when i know i'll be picking up a 360 near launch. This gives me something besides Elder Scrolls: Oblivion to play on it now
Old 07-13-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone is playing this let me know if you get any lockups. This demo has locked up my old Thompson drive Xbox everytime i play it for like 15-18 minutes. Nothing else has caused that before and i'm not getting dirty disk errors - it is a straight lock-up with an obnoxious in-game sound. It's like it freezes on one sound from the environment.
Old 07-13-05, 04:40 PM

xmiyux...... didn't want to post any of this in the clan forum .... hmmmm.

Battlefield seems like a real game unlike Phantom Dust....

I did try to get online while you were playing but couldn't find you. The game did seem pretty good and might be worth a shot if we can get a good group going.
Old 07-13-05, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Fixed.
Long time no see... dick.
Old 07-14-05, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 962 Likes on 590 Posts
Long time no see... dick.
I know. I miss some of you guys (some...not all )

I may have to check this out. I have yet to play the last two demo discs due to GTA: San Andreas & trying to finish KOTOR II (which has slowed to a crawl).

As H.I. has probably told you...my copy of Halo is now Halo history. Maybe if Black Hawk Down is really good (and ever gets released) I may see some of you there.

I told myself I would wait until the PS3 comes out to see if I get an Xbox 360 but as the time gets closer I see a 360 in my future.
Old 07-14-05, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
If anyone is playing this let me know if you get any lockups. This demo has locked up my old Thompson drive Xbox everytime i play it for like 15-18 minutes. Nothing else has caused that before and i'm not getting dirty disk errors - it is a straight lock-up with an obnoxious in-game sound. It's like it freezes on one sound from the environment.
Yea, this game locks up more then a house in Detroit during a riot. I have yet to be able to finish a game with the lockups that I am getting, and as most of you know I am playing on a new xbox.

While fun, not sure how much longer I can take getting up every 10 minutes to reset my xbox.
Old 07-14-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea, this game locks up more then a house in Detroit during a riot. I have yet to be able to finish a game with the lockups that I am getting, and as most of you know I am playing on a new xbox.

While fun, not sure how much longer I can take getting up every 10 minutes to reset my xbox.
Well while i don't like to hear you having problems it makes me feel better to not know my Xbox is just sucking. I won't be devoting huge amounts of time to playing this demo but it enticed me enough to where i will be buying the full game when it comes out. Hopefully it has something like the party system in Halo2 because i really hate going back to the old trying to find a game and have everyone join seperately. Bungie had a bloody good idea with that setup.
Old 07-14-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I played last night for about 2 hours, got disconnected from a server once. Played through at least 5 full rounds. Didn't have any lock ups on my box, the only problem I had was I changed servers twice and it took a couple tries to find one I could connect with. Had to refresh the list a couple times to do that.
Old 07-14-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Edison
I played last night for about 2 hours, got disconnected from a server once. Played through at least 5 full rounds. Didn't have any lock ups on my box, the only problem I had was I changed servers twice and it took a couple tries to find one I could connect with. Had to refresh the list a couple times to do that.
I'm jealous then. I would sometime finish a round and then it would lock up before going to the next round.... the result is it never saved any of my stats. Also, is there somewhere where you are given the option to change your controller settings or even see what the settings are?