Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Into the West 7/8/05-"Hell's ****"

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Into the West 7/8/05-"Hell's ****"

i don't know if it means anything that i can't even remember what the episode title is. anyway, still very unimpressed with how this is turning out. waaaay too many characters to keep track of and it just seems like they are jumping around, which makes it really confusing.
Old 07-10-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why the hell am I still watching this?

I guess it helps to pass the time between "Entourage"s.
Old 07-10-05, 10:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I think the casting people and director gave up at this point and didn't care about continuity anymore between the ages of the characters.

All this ep made me do is want to watch Deadwood with all the talk about Celestials
Old 07-11-05, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Hell on Wheels" was the title.

This episode was pretty dull. I've watched all of the episodes so I might as well see it through.
Old 07-11-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TruGator
"Hell on Wheels" was the title.

This episode was pretty dull. I've watched all of the episodes so I might as well see it through.
Same here. I am so umimpressed with this series. Hard to believe that Spielberg had anything to do with it.
Old 07-11-05, 10:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This show is going downhill fast. The first couple of episodes were good, but the last two have been too rushed with far too many characters. It's like a Western Expansion "Stations of the the Cross."
Old 07-11-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's like they felt they had to incorporate every major Western event. Kind of like a Old West "Forrest Gump."

And everything is too glossed over. The saintly white people are killed by the eeeeeeeeeevil Indians. And the saintly Indians are killed by the eeeeeeeeeevil white people.

I have no emotional investment in any of the charcters.
Old 07-11-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
I have no emotional investment in any of the charcters.
My favorite character right now is Abe Wheeler (the one what was working on the railroad). I enjoyed his storyline and I'm kinda interested to see where he'll go now that they finished the railroad.
Old 07-11-05, 03:48 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
http://www.tnt.tv/itwtc/0,,1111038,00.html#

If you enter the site and then click on cast/crew there's a link on the side that will give you a family tree of the Wheeler's and how they're connected with the Lakota.
Old 07-11-05, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Hard to believe that Spielberg had anything to do with it.
After seeing the godawful WOTW remake last night, I couldn't say the same...
Old 07-11-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Worms

Hard to believe that Spielberg had anything to do with it.
No surprise at all really. Pay no attention to the "executive producer" credit. In fact, whenever there's a TV mini-series with a major film director heavily promoted as "executive producer" and nothing else, it's a virtual certainty that it won't be anything special.*

das

* HBO not included
Old 07-13-05, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I've been watching Band of Brothers with my roommate this week (I've seen it before, but he hasn't) and Lt. Spears kept looking familiar but I couldn't figure out from where. So finally when Spears has a big role in Episode 7 it hits me that Spears is Jacob Wheeler. Which makes sense because Spielberg was involved in both projects. Anyways, just thought it was pretty cool.
Old 07-14-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
This show is going downhill fast. The first couple of episodes were good, but the last two have been too rushed with far too many characters. It's like a Western Expansion "Stations of the the Cross."
I agree. the first two episode were good, but it has gone strait downhill. hopfully, eps. 5&6 will be better.
Old 07-16-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
No surprise at all really. Pay no attention to the "executive producer" credit. In fact, whenever there's a TV mini-series with a major film director heavily promoted as "executive producer" and nothing else, it's a virtual certainty that it won't be anything special.*

das

* HBO not included
idiot executive producer question, are they the one who technically "came up with the idea, and their name just means they came up with the premis, and almost nothing else.
Old 07-16-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Why the hell am I still watching this?

I guess it helps to pass the time between "Entourage"s.
Yeah, I went from mildly interested and entertained to genuinely hating this show in about three episodes. Some of that emotion is self-loathing from allowing myself to be tempted by a made-for-TV drama. I need to keep reminding myself that "Duel" was broadcast over 30 years ago.

I should have known better than to invest so much time in the first couple of episodes that I now feel obligated to watch the rest even though I have come to despise it. It is now nothing more than a junior high history paper put to screen by a bunch of hammy actors.