Reload this Page >

how rare is this SNES system box?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-08-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently got this on ebay and it just arrived. of course it looks like the post office played soccer or something with it and it recieved a bit of damage. nothing real "major" but a few of the corners are a bit crunched up. here is the ebay pic:

is this box really rare or were they pretty common? I never got into the SNES when it first came out so I have no idea.

another thing, were there different variations of this box by chance? as an example, say I wanted to buy another one of these, would I actually get the exact same package or could there possibly be a different box?
Old 07-08-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was the box I got when my aunt bout me a SNES to keep me busy during college. I remember around that time seeing a TON of these boxes all around the place. I can't see it being all that rare but you never know with collectors.

From what I can see on the cartridge box it came with the Killer Cuts CD right? I wish to god I could still find my copy of that CD cause it was pretty kick ass. I've looked on peer2peer services for the songs from it with no luck. *sigh*

While you don't have a box I would consider extremely rare I am very envious of the CD.
Old 07-08-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Killer Cuts CD was sweet. I haven't listened to it in a while, but I still know where my copy is. I remember Orchid's theme music being especially...uplifting.
Old 07-08-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 637 Posts
Actually I think it might be somewhat rare. It was definately later in the life of the system from what I remember.

Furthermore, I loved KI. It was my favorite fighting game. Sure I liked SF and MK but nothing beat getting a king combo on your opponent. Sure it was over the top but I still liked it.
Old 07-08-05, 11:50 PM

I just picked up another boxed SNES Killer Instinct set and the box is different. this box is just the ordinary SNES box with a little spot on the bottom left corner stating its the KI set.
Old 07-09-05, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by tanman
Sure I liked SF and MK but nothing beat getting a king combo on your opponent. Sure it was over the top but I still liked it.
Better yet, an "ULTRA comboooooo!"

Damn, I had a lot of fun with this game.
Old 07-09-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
The Killer Cuts CD was sweet. I haven't listened to it in a while, but I still know where my copy is. I remember Orchid's theme music being especially...uplifting.
Just had to rub it in huh?

I took a break from gaming after my NES and when my aunt got me a SNES I really wasn't too excited. Then I popped in KI and had a ball. The only other game I bought was a Mortal Kombat game for the SNES but those 2 games kept me entertained all during college...which was only 18 months since it was a culinary school.
Old 07-10-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The 2 threads about KI prompted me to look for the Killer Cuts tracks and I found them online and amazingly they still work. Enjoy!

http://www.blood-sports.net/ki/kimul...ki/kimus.shtml