Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : US release - CYBORG cut? (Claude van Damme)

Mario83721
07-08-05, 09:15 AM
Hi,

i am very disappointed about a dvd.Got this cool CYBORG film but am quite sure it got cut.Somebody has some insight? At time 9:30min -that scene where this man gets treated with this wooden stick-....

also is there any information around what kind of medical care this woman is carrying to heal the world?

greetings and thanks for help
Mario

Giles
07-08-05, 11:00 AM
you're talking about the MGM DVD edition of Cyborg right? I thought I had read that this is an international cut of the film with some additional footage - I do remember reading though when the film was released theatrically the MPAA demanded cuts to the film for it to receive it's R-rating.

Mario83721
07-08-05, 03:04 PM
you're talking about the MGM DVD edition of Cyborg right? I thought I had read that this is an international cut of the film with some additional footage - I do remember reading though when the film was released theatrically the MPAA demanded cuts to the film for it to receive it's R-rating.

Hi Giles :-) , yes i do.Its basically only this village scene which is strange Other scenes dont appear to be cut.But this sound-delay is a bit to obvious so if this was suggested as an international cut....sad....so another film which got ruined of stupid ratings...

thanks for answering.

So is there any trailer or information on what this woman is keeping secret?

greets
Mario

Dark_Sithlord
07-09-05, 12:59 AM
This movie is also starring a then-unknown Angelina Jolie. But you probably already knew that, right? :)

meritocracy
07-09-05, 03:04 AM
This movie is also starring a then-unknown Angelina Jolie. But you probably already knew that, right? :)

Nope, you're thinking of Part 2 with Jack Palance, not the first one starring Van Damme Mario's referencing here.

Mario83721
07-09-05, 06:58 AM
Actually i have to acknowledge i havent watched part 2 yet :-( because it says in reviews it nothing has to do with part 1...but i wll some day -promise-.

I know part 1 is old fashioned scfi but i like the way it tells the story.With all this family tragic in it and such.Van Damme sitting there and sharpens his knife...quite impressive. Also the beginning is freaky cool ;-) .

...i dont like Van Damme that much...his body movement is to plumpy and mechanic..but hes doing well here i must say.

greets
Mario

Dark_Sithlord
07-09-05, 01:42 PM
Nope, you're thinking of Part 2 with Jack Palance, not the first one starring Van Damme Mario's referencing here.

Hey thanks! I stand corrected. :toast: