Reload this Page >

The One and Only NCAA Football 2006 Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-07-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 799 Likes on 589 Posts

With NCAA Football 2006 coming out on tuesday 7/12. I thought I would start the discussion on it. You can still preorder the game at dvdplanet for $34.97 http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click...rmat=VIDEOGAME . Also blacklover has his rosters up on geekrosters.com already for anyone who has gotten the game early. The game is suppossed to be greatly improved over last year's game with all the dropped passes and superhuman defensive backs.
Here are the listed new features for the game as posted on easports.com:
Take Home the Heisman Trophy: Begin your career as a prep star in search of a scholarship and work your way to becoming one of the nation’s top collegiate players. Then, continue your post-college career in Madden NFL 06.
Year-Round Recruiting: Issue official on-campus visits all season in Dynasty Mode as you track prospects' interest.
Impact Players: Game-changing performers single-handedly break games wide open with highlight reel moves and special animations.
Breakaway Control: New analog controls allow you to pull off special moves and animations like ankle-snapping jukes and QB sidesteps as you break tackles on the way to the end zone.
Redesigned Graphics: From turf texture to sky color, every detail has been redesigned, including innovative stadium lighting and revolutionary player models.
New Dynamic Analysis: Watch Brad Nessler, Kirk Herbstreit, and Lee Corso provide in-studio commentary and analysis on each team’s impact players.
All-New Mini-Games: Hone your skills in four new mini-games: Pass Skeleton, Oklahoma Drill, Option and Rushing Attack.

I am really looking forward to playing I already have the rosters downloaded and I am waiting for dvdplanet to ship my game. I will be busy playing dynasty mode with my beloved Vols for quite some time.

If anyone has any reviews please post them.
Old 07-07-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts
It looks cool. I'm not big on NCAA sports, but I have always liked the NCAA Football series. I might pick it up when it hits $20.
Old 07-07-05, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have they added any new modes for online play? I may think about it if there were leagues.
Old 07-08-05, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I'm going to have a distraction from World of Warcraft next week. Every year I tell myself not to bother with the latest version, but I always cave and buy it anyway. Last night I watched some video clips on EA's site so I'm pretty much hooked now.

I want to go with the Xbox version (faster load times) but my laser is starting to go out and I don't want to buy another Xbox so close to the 360 release.
Old 07-08-05, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 1998Nole
Have they added any new modes for online play? I may think about it if there were leagues.
I found this on easports.com website:
NCAA FOOTBALL 06 IN DEPTH
ONLINE FEATURES
By Jenee Cline

It’s true that if you really want to take your game to the next level, then you should step up to the line in NCAA Football Challenge. However, if you want to take on a major rival from the comfort of your couch, you’re in luck! The NCAA Football 06 online service is designed to bring your buddies, enemies and new rivals together without putting you out of reach of the fridge.

To give you the most in your online experience, the guys at Tiburon have enhanced the key features in this year’s online feature set for NCAA Football 06 (and Madden, but you’ll have to wait to hear about that). Here is what is in store for you come July 12th—when NCAA Football hits store shelves:

Improved Matchmaking: A new leveling system allows users to find other players of similar skill, instantly. Players earn a skill rating in each game they play, and they can keep track of how they do throughout all of their EA SPORTS games.

Rewards and unlockables: New trophies throughout EA SPORTS offer more incentives for gamers to compete. There are also dynamic trophies which will provide for new challenges and goals to be presented throughout the year.

XML/RSS Feeds: Get a different look at your online experience on the web with XML and RSS feeds. Keep track of your friends’ games, see box scores and drive summaries on the web site – all of which can seamlessly flow into your favorite browser. Now, find out instantly when your opponents win, loose or bail out of a game. There are no secrets anymore.

Richer Online Interaction: There is a deeper “Game Setup” screen that lets you fully scout and interact with your opponent. A revamped chat room now gives you another player’s breakdown with the blink of an eye. You can also sort the room list to find an opponent who is at your level. The EA REP meter has been significantly improved to allow you to give “thumbs-up” to the straight ballers and “thumbs-down” to the cheesers, and the players’ reputations are more detailed and visible than ever before.

The season no longer ends with the bowl games. The guys at Tiburon wanted to let play against your buddies, your enemies and newly-made rivals long after your favorite team either clenches a title or decides that this just isn't their year. The enhancements to the NCAA Football 06 online service have turned college football into a year round sport -- your season only ends when the 07 season begins. Get your online game on starting July 12th!
Old 07-08-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cannot wait....I may have to order a roster file so I can have real names....what's the easiest way to do it? Do you need Action Replay for XBOX?
Old 07-08-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
It looks cool. I'm not big on NCAA sports, but I have always liked the NCAA Football series. I might pick it up when it hits $20.

You do know that the 2005 only hit a price point under it's initial $50 about a month, and this was rarely even on sale for $40, it is still $30 at Best Buy. It never went cheap enough for me to buy. I prefer Pro ball and kept waiting for the price to drop, but it never did. I will buy this one full price and wait for Madden to drop next time, since Madden actually drops its price before the new version comes out.

I will probably wait on this one til I get a 360, I do not want to double dip on games since I have so little time to play and I am waiting on my copy of Guild Wars to arrive this next week.
Old 07-08-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I cannot wait....I may have to order a roster file so I can have real names....what's the easiest way to do it? Do you need Action Replay for XBOX?

Yup, if you get an action Replay, after a week or 2 the roster files will be out there. Usually the guys at Operation Sports do an awesome job at working through the conferences filling in the player names; all you have to do then is d/l the roster file, throw it on a memory card and upload it to your game.
Old 07-08-05, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,444 Posts
I'm still debating whether to get the Xbox version or the PS2 version.

Last year was the first time I got the Xbox version, which has as it's major advantages:
better graphics
no need to take up a memory card

The problems were:
the lack of four shoulder buttons
The xbox version seemed very glitchy
it seems much easier to get a PS2 roster file than it is an Xbox one (more people seem to be working on PS2 ones)

Any suggestions? I really hope they fixed the glitches... I was pretty disappointed last year.
Old 07-08-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got my EGM in the mail today and they gave NCAA 2006 a gold medal. Bryan gave it a 9.5, G. Ford gave it a 9.0, Patrick M. gave it a 9.0. They said to buy the X-box version if you have both systems. The visuals are slightly sharper and the load times are much faster when you simulate games or off-season dynasty duties. Too bad I don't have an X-box.
Old 07-08-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheDude
Yup, if you get an action Replay, after a week or 2 the roster files will be out there. Usually the guys at Operation Sports do an awesome job at working through the conferences filling in the player names; all you have to do then is d/l the roster file, throw it on a memory card and upload it to your game.
Anyone know where I can get it cheap? I don't have AR....I do have a cheap memory card though
Old 07-08-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Anyone know where I can get it cheap? I don't have AR....I do have a cheap memory card though

I made my own Action Replay. All you need is a memory card (which I had), and extra break off cable for the Xbox (the part that plugs into the Xbox) and an USB cable (did not have but found one for $2). You basically cut both the USB and breakoff cable and sodder them together, look around you can find which wires you sodder and which ones you just cut off. Then you d/l the AR software and you are set, and all I was out was $2 and about 10 minutes.
Old 07-08-05, 01:56 PM

Anybody here want to start a PS2 NCAA 2006 League? If not, does anyone know any good sites that are dependable and wont break apart after a week?
Old 07-09-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheDude
XBOX rosters are already done.
Old 07-09-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 374 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
You do know that the 2005 only hit a price point under it's initial $50 about a month, and this was rarely even on sale for $40, it is still $30 at Best Buy. It never went cheap enough for me to buy. I prefer Pro ball and kept waiting for the price to drop, but it never did. I will buy this one full price and wait for Madden to drop next time, since Madden actually drops its price before the new version comes out.

I will probably wait on this one til I get a 360, I do not want to double dip on games since I have so little time to play and I am waiting on my copy of Guild Wars to arrive this next week.
Yeah, I know. I recently got 2005 for the Gamecube for $5 at Best Buy, so if it takes that long so be it
Old 07-09-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For what it's worth, I don't think they're doing NCAA 2006 on the 360 - only Madden. I don't think they'll do the college game until next year's edition.
Old 07-11-05, 03:07 PM

Any more reviews on this game? TV commercial says it comes out tomorrow.
Old 07-11-05, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blockbuster called me and told me that they had it, but I can't pick it up until tomorrow because "they have really strict street dates."

Right. Like EBGames wouldn't let me have it if they had it in.
Old 07-11-05, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hippochris
Any more reviews on this game? TV commercial says it comes out tomorrow.
Here is a review for the X-box version on 1up.com: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3141919&did=1
Old 07-11-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

IGN - 9.2
GameSpot - 8.8

Tomorrow cannot get here soon enough .

Last edited by Quake1028; 07-11-05 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-12-05, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up my Action Replay last night for XBOX. D/L the rosters from operationsports.com

Now, I get to pick my game up today Yeah!
Old 07-12-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My ps2 copy just shipped from dvdplanet. It is coming via media mail so I may not get the game until sometime next week, but I did get it for $34.97 $15 cheaper than what they are selling it at retail stores.
Old 07-12-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got mine from the GameRush trade 2 in deal...get it for $30 two cheapass games = cheap NCAA 06
Old 07-12-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I should be playing this, by this weekend
Old 07-12-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff

I should be playing this, by tonight
(fixed)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.