DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : DVD Talk review of 'Weekend at Bernie's'

Rypro 525
07-07-05, 04:08 PM
I read Jeffrey Robinson's DVD review of Weekend at Bernie's at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=16695 and...
you might want to make sure that you put in your review that the disk is indeed anamorphic, while the artisan version is not.

JerVL/kg
07-08-05, 01:16 AM
How good does the transfer look? The original DVD had a sickly pinkish cast that was almost too awful to look at. Did they fix up the picture at all?

reverie
07-08-05, 08:09 AM
For my money, the original release is fine enough. Were there more extras and a significant improvement, I'd consider an upgrade..

Bacon
07-08-05, 05:47 PM
1/5 on the review :down: come on folks more details on the a/v is needed for this and most DVDtalk reviews and "it looks ok" isn't a review of the video in my book. Until then I'll keep reading HTF for reviews.

JerVL/kg
07-09-05, 11:02 AM
For my money, the original release is fine enough.
Then you must be colorblind, because the original transfer stinks! Everything is PINK...the skin tones are PINK...even the freakin' SAND is PINK!! It's the most nauseating transfer I've ever seen, and I'd break the DVD in half if I actually paid for it instead of renting it. It's a good enough movie to buy even with no extras, but not with THAT stinky transfer, and of course BB & Netflix aren't going to upgrade their copies so I can't preview by renting it. Hence, my question.

flmfreakcentral
07-09-05, 02:22 PM
Then you must be colorblind, because the original transfer stinks! Everything is PINK...the skin tones are PINK...even the freakin' SAND is PINK!! It's the most nauseating transfer I've ever seen, and I'd break the DVD in half if I actually paid for it instead of renting it. It's a good enough movie to buy even with no extras, but not with THAT stinky transfer, and of course BB & Netflix aren't going to upgrade their copies so I can't preview by renting it. Hence, my question.

Just gave our screener a quick scan--the new transfer is much-improved (and anamorphic).

Bill C

davidlynchfan
07-11-05, 03:18 AM
I got the artisan version from Papa john. Comes in a paper sleeve. :)

reverie
07-11-05, 09:37 AM
Pink sand or not, paid $5, watched it once so far in the year or so we've owned it.. I don't even remember how it looked anymore. It's good enough for me. :)