Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

PC: Trackmania Sunrise rocks!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-05-05, 10:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not a very big fan of racing games. I saw two very good reviews, from X-Play and Computer Games magazine, for Trackmania: Sunrise. I picked it up thinking it would be a good game to play with my kids.

This games rocks! It's the closest thing to pure joy I've played in a LONG time. I just can't get over over how fun it is. The cars don't take damage, and you can't interfere with the other racers. There's a bronze, silver, and gold car, as well as a 'ghost' car representing your best previous run on that track. The cars are FAST. The centerpiece of the game are the tracks. They are insane! It looks like a real life version of some hot wheels tracks. Ramps, loops, etc. The game looks great too.

You owe it to yourself to pick this one up; It Rox!
Old 07-05-05, 11:57 AM
fab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree, this game is a blast. It is very addicting and I love the fact that I can play as little or as much as I want in a sitting. It's very straight forward and arcadey, but very well done and the tracks are amazing. On-line is a blast too.

--
fab
Old 07-05-05, 12:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I havn't tried on-line yet, I'm still engrossed in Race & Platform levels. Most of the races are about a minute long. Perfect for a quick pick up and play, and for multiple reties when you sail off the edge of a ramp the wrong direction.
Old 07-05-05, 03:18 PM
fab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot to mention there is a demo available here: http://www.trackmaniagame.com/

--
fab