DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Live 8 blurb coming in november and tailor made for each country

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Live 8 blurb coming in november and tailor made for each country

from the bits

Yeah, I know I said we weren't going to be back until tomorrow, but we've gotten a couple of pieces of DVD-related information that are just too good to sit on until then.

First of all, there's good news and bad news about the release of the weekend's Live 8 event on DVD. EMI has officially obtained the DVD release rights to the biggest ever live concert event, and they'll be releasing it on disc in November. That's the good news. The bad news, unfortunately, is that they plan to tailor each DVD release to the country they're releasing it in... meaning that the U.S. DVD will include more of the Philadelphia concert than anything else, the UK release will include more of the London concert than anything else, etc. Personally, as a music fan, I want EVERYTHING! EVERY performance from EVERY Live 8 concert, not just highlights selected by some record company marketing flak. There ought to be one mega-badass ultimate box set that you can buy to get it all. Then, if EMI wants to sell single or double-disc 'highlights' sets, great. I don't know about you, but watching Live 8 on VH1 and MTV was an unbelievably frustrating experience. You'd just get into a performance, and then they'd cut away to barely-out-of-their-teens VJs bantering inanely with each other or with people in the crowd thusly:

Young Hot Babe VJ: "So what brought you here to Live 8 in Philly today?"

Drunk Dude in Crowd: "Live 8 is awesome, man! Bon Jovi rocks! And like... Africa, man! It's all about the poverty! Wooooooooo!!"

Young Hot Babe VJ: "Right on! Okay, now here's thirty seconds of Elton John from earlier in London..."

Let's hope the DVD release makes a better showing. The Pink Floyd reunion at least was cool. However, speaking of reunions (that should have been), if I have to see Sting aggressively jamming old Police tunes again without Stewart and Andy behind him... grrrr.
Old 07-05-05, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the update...although i was at the philly concert, it is pretty obvious that the london show was bar far the best...since i have already seen the philly show, i would actually rather see the london set on dvd...
Old 08-08-05, 12:02 PM
Banned

The DVD of the Live 8 concert has now a release date set as November 28, according to several professional music information websites.
As previously reported, EMI, the company that secured the rights to release the concert on DVD, will publish several different localized versions, that you can see listed below. No further information about the concerts not included in the list (Barrie, Tokyo, Johannesburg, Moscow and Eden Project) is available at the moment.

November 28th

Various Artists - Live 8-live in Berlin
Various Artists - Live 8-live in London
Various Artists - Live 8-live in Rome
Various Artists - Live 8-live in Paris
Various Artists - Live 8-live in Philadelphia
Old 08-08-05, 03:50 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I can get a Region 1 Live in London, I'm all set...
Old 08-08-05, 06:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
If I can get a Region 1 Live in London, I'm all set...
Exactly. PA sucked my ass. All I want from it is Sarah Mclachlan. Otherwise, London rocked.
Old 08-08-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
You just want London for the Floyd performance, right?
Old 08-08-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
and the who, and u2, and coldplay.
Old 08-08-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pretty much, yeah.
Old 08-08-05, 10:37 PM
Banned

Uhh...right. That was a bit of a joke for me.

I want it for Madonna, Robbie Williams and Scissor Sisters who were the 3 best acts I saw that day.
Old 08-10-05, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They need to release the Floyd portion on its own.
Old 08-10-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
I'm sure the Pink Floyd set will be on all of the releases.
Old 08-10-05, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I'm sure the Pink Floyd set will be on all of the releases.
Probably. I"m assuming the opening with U2, Madonna, Pink Floyd, The Who and the closer will be on all of them. Not too sure what else from in between will be doubled up.

Question: without starting a debate, but, although the other releases will all be in PAL, will there be a speed-up issue?
Old 09-06-05, 11:39 PM
Banned

just posted the track listing in Music.
Old 09-07-05, 11:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I just want the Pet Shop Boy's Live8 performance from Moscow.

and A-ha from Berlin

It doesn't make anysense not to release the Johannesburg and Eden Projects performances IMO.
Old 09-07-05, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Giles
I just want the Pet Shop Boy's Live8 performance from Moscow.

and A-ha from Berlin

It doesn't make anysense not to release the Johannesburg and Eden Projects performances IMO.
I don't think you're getting either.

AGAIN, go to Music to see the UK track listing.
Old 10-21-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
From DVDAnswers.com:

Coming out November 8th.

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...7992&n=1&burl=

My only beef is where is the Shakira performance in Paris???
Everything else is great.

Track List
Disc 1: Paul McCartney & U2 – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, U2 – Beautiful Day, U2 – Vertigo, U2 – One, Coldplay – In My Place, Coldplay with Richard Ashcroft – Bittersweet Symphony, Coldplay – Fix You, Elton John – The Bitch Is Back, Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting, Elton John with Pete Doherty – Children Of The Revolution, Dido & Youssou N’Dour – 7 Seconds, Stereophonics – Bartender And The Thief, REM – Everybody Hurts, REM – Man On The Moon, Ms Dynamite – Dy-Na-Mi-Tee, Keane – Somewhere Only We Know, Black Eyed Peas – Where Is The Love, Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started, Black Eyed Peas with Stephen Marley – Get Up Stand Up, Duran Duran – Wild Boys (Rome), Bob Geldof – I Don’t Like Mondays, Muse – Time Is Running Out (Paris), Travis – Sing, Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict A Riot, Kaiser Chiefs – Everyday I Love You Less And Less, UB40 with Hunterz & The Dohl Blasters – Reasons, UB40 – Red Red Wine, Green Day – American Idiot (Berlin), Snoop Dogg – Signs, Snoop Dogg – Who Am I (What’s My Name)?, Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer, Annie Lennox – Why, and Annie Lennox – Sweet Dreams.

Disc 2: Destiny’s Child – Survivor, Destiny’s Child – Girl, Razorlight – Somewhere Else, Razorlight – Golden Touch, Bryan Adams – All For Love (Toronto), Kanye West – Diamonds From Sierra Leone, CBC Ethiopian Famine Film, Madonna – Like A Prayer, Madonna – Ray Of Light, Madonna – Music, Will Smith – Getting’ Jiggy Wit It, Will Smith – Switch, Will Smith – The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Brian Wilson – Good Vibrations (Berlin), Snow Patrol – Run, Toby Keith – Stays In Mexico, The Killers – All These Things That I’ve Done, Dave Matthews Band – American Baby, Daniel Powter – Bad Day (Berlin), Linkin Park – In The End, Linkin Park with Jay-Z – Numb, Joss Stone – Super Duper Love, Joss Stone – Some Kind Of Wonderful, Jars Of Clay – Show You Love, Scissor Sisters – Laura, Scissor Sisters – Take Your Mama, Alicia Keys – For All We Know, Velvet Revolver – Fall To Pieces, Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me, Jet – Are You Gonna Be My Girl? (Toronto), Sarah McLachlan & Josh Groban – Angel, Sting – Message In A Bottle, Sting – Driven To Tears, and Sting – Every Breath You Take.

Disc 3: Mariah Carey – Make It Happen, Mariah Carey – Hero, Vusi Mahlasela – When You Come Back (Johannesburg), Roxy Music – Do The Strand (Berlin), Maroon 5 – This Love, Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved, Neil Young – Four Strong Winds (Toronto), Pet Shop Boys – Go West (Moscow), Robbie Williams – We Will Rock You, Robbie Williams – Let Me Entertain You, Robbie Williams – Feel, Robbie Williams – Angels, Keith Urban – Somebody Like You, Placebo – Twenty Years (Paris), Rob Thomas – Lonely No More, Faithless – We Come 1 (Berlin), Stevie Wonder – Master Blaster (Jammin’), Stevie Wonder & Rob Thomas – Higher Ground, Stevie Wonder & Adam Levine – Signed Sealed Delivered, Stevie Wonder – So What The Fuss/Superstition, The Who – Who Are You?, The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again, Pink Floyd – Speak To Me, Pink Floyd – Breathe, Pink Floyd – Money, Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd – Comfortably Numb, Paul McCartney – Get Back, Paul McCartney & George Michael – Drive My Car, Paul McCartney – Helter Skelter, Paul McCartney – The Long And Winding Road, and Finale – Hey Jude.

Disc 4: Edinburgh – The Final Push Highlights from the Murrayfield concert held on 6 July, McFly – All About You (Tokyo), Good Charlotte – Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous (Tokyo), Dreams Come True – Love Love Love (Tokyo), Bjork – All Is Full Of Love (Tokyo), The Who - ‘Who Are You?’ film, Travis - ‘Why Does It Always Rain On Me?’ film, Ricky Gervais – Enjoy The Day, Behind The Scenes At Hyde Park, and Pink Floyd rehearsal.
Old 10-21-05, 08:10 PM

I'm dissapointed more of the Green Day, Velvet Revolver, and Audioslave sets aren't on there. Has there been any word about the "regional" DVDs that are also supposed to be made?
Old 10-21-05, 11:14 PM
Banned

That's the same set list that's been out for months.
Old 10-23-05, 05:35 AM
Banned

Just got in a copy of the full 4 DVD set at my job. Going to see if I can take it home and review it.
Old 10-23-05, 12:47 PM
Banned

Put up a little review in it's proper section.