Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stupid Coy & Vance (Dukes of Hazzard)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stupid Coy & Vance (Dukes of Hazzard)

CMT is showing the Dukes of Hazzard and they are up to the Coy and Vance episodes.

Nothing like these episodes to remind you how much better Bo and Luke are. I know some say they got the raw deal since they were replacing likeable characters (and Bo & Luke clones at that - 1 blond, 1 dark har, & the same outfits as Bo and Luke), but watching these episodes, the characters (and actors) just would never work even if they were the origonal Dukes. They just don't look like they fit in the show. They might have worked as a guest star in an episode but not as the main Dukes.

The only saving grace of these episodes, is that Enos came back.

So does anyone here like Coy and Vance?
Old 07-05-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
These suck. Was it a contract dispute or something? Anyone know the history of this decision? I don't remember how long it continued without Bo and Luke, but I can't imagine it was long.
Old 07-05-05, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bo and Luke came back near the end of the Coy and Vance season, so the show did in fact continue after the Coy and Vance era . Problem with this of course is that you cant if you want continuity or to have all of the Bo and Luke episodes, you cant just skip the Coy and Vance set when buying DVDs like you can if you feel like X-Files Season 9 was pure crap.
Old 07-05-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
During the show's original run I watched regularly. However I was beginning to tire of it and when Coy & Vance arrived, that was it for me. I stopped watching and by the time Bo & Luke came back, I had totally moved on.
Old 07-05-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
IIRC they wanted more money, and the networked said no. They did not get through a full season before they said 'How much?'.
Old 07-05-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
From what I remember, the ratings weren't affected at all, and Bo and Luke came back with their tails between their legs. (People in the south have strange anatomies)
Old 07-05-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
During the show's original run I watched regularly. However I was beginning to tire of it and when Coy & Vance arrived, that was it for me. I stopped watching and by the time Bo & Luke came back, I had totally moved on.

Same with me. I was starting to grow out of it around the time C&V started, so that was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Old 07-05-05, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to the E! True Hollywood Story, the reason that Snyder and Wopat left was they felt they weren't getting their fair share of the show's profits (the merchandise was huge!). So they got greedy and went on strike. Coy and Vance were brought in. The ratings nosedived. Soon, they came to their senses and came back (only missed about half the season). The ratings came back up (but not the level they were - still high).

I never saw the Coy & Vance epsiodes when they first aired. Must have been too young. I do remember seeing some of the show's final episodes when they aired. For years in reruns, I was always confused when a Coy/Vance episode aired as to why they were there. For some reason, they didn't really run them in order so a random Coy Vance episode would show up unexpected. Crap!
Old 07-05-05, 06:46 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Coy & Vance was definitely the first nail in the coffin for this show. FYI, the final nail in the coffin was in the final season when they had an episode about a little green martian that landed in Hazzard County.
Old 07-06-05, 10:46 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I've been going through my season 2 box set of this show and interestingly enough, there were 3 episodes where the show introduced a new sheriff. They never explained where Roscoe went or why he returned after the 3 non-sequential episodes. Weird.
Old 07-06-05, 10:55 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
"Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day their cousins left Hazzard County to try their luck on the NASCAR Circuit."