DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : WPT 2005 Season Finale 6/29/05

Patman
07-04-05, 09:30 PM
Finally watched the 3-hour season finale and that had to be excruciating to the final 4 players with all the miracles at the river which provided some grand swings in chips, and just crushed dreams along the way.

Anyhow, a great way to end the season. Goodbye Shana Hiatt! We'll be missing you.

Deftones
07-04-05, 10:37 PM
Anyone else hate that fucker Tuan as much as I do?

Jeremy517
07-05-05, 02:17 AM

You mean for the blatant collusion with Hasan Habib?

Deftones
07-05-05, 10:50 AM
You mean for the blatant collusion with Hasan Habib?

I don't think it was blatant collusion. I do think they decided to chop the pot amongst themselves. No, I just hate him because he's arrogant, and he talks like a girl.

Red Dog
07-05-05, 10:56 AM
That was pretty entertaining. Yeah, he sucked out a few times, but I liked the Englishman.

Red Dog
07-05-05, 10:57 AM

Yeah, he did come off like a prick. Reminded me of Arieh.

Jeremy517
07-05-05, 02:03 PM
I don't think it was blatant collusion. I do think they decided to chop the pot amongst themselves. No, I just hate him because he's arrogant, and he talks like a girl.

What chop are you talking about?

I was referring to the chip dumping by Hasan to a guy whom Hasan financially backed and happened to own a piece of, at a time when it was three-handed and Le was short-stacked.

actyper
07-05-05, 02:10 PM
There was also a non-call that was pretty strange. I think he held KJ at the time and only a small amount extra to call.

Though I don't think the English dude deserved to go heads up. He played pretty weak the final table. Miracles gave him an extra mil.

Deftones
07-05-05, 03:21 PM
What chop are you talking about?

I was referring to the chip dumping by Hasan to a guy whom Hasan financially backed and happened to own a piece of, at a time when it was three-handed and Le was short-stacked.

No, I was stating that maybe they had an agreement to chop their winnings behind the scenes.

I don't think Hasan was chip dumping. Didn't he get busted on a big hand like QQ or JJ that took a huge chunk of his stack?

Jeremy517
07-05-05, 04:43 PM
If there had been a three-way chop, he definitely would have called with KJ.

Quake1028
07-06-05, 12:05 AM
There are no official deals allowed at the WPT, but I do believe Hasan and Tuan had something going on beyond whatever backing Hasan had for Le. You don't fold KJ there, you don't mistake call for all-in, and you certainly don't tell him you had 2 pairs when he folded to your bet. All of this is just a little too bit far-fetched to think they played straight up.

Jeremy517
07-06-05, 01:34 AM
Yeah, he did come off like a prick. Reminded me of Arieh.

Speaking of Arieh...

Oooh oooh, don't miss your chance to be the first player in your home game with a <s>absolutely horrible</s> wonderful Josh Arieh-produced t-shirt!
http://www.josharieh.com/

sq240
07-06-05, 06:33 PM
I can't stand Tuan. What a douche. He annoyed the living shit out of me during the first tournament he won. I agree that there was something going on with him and Hasan.

I am just pissed that Phil Ivey was busted out. I was really pulling for him.

Deftones
07-06-05, 06:36 PM
I was pulling for the English dude. He reminded me of Devilfish a bit.