Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

OK, what the hell is wrong with God of War?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-04-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started playing about a week ago on Normal and was doing fine. I died a few times than it asked if I wanted to switch to easy. I said NO! When I beat Pandoras Temple I saved and noticed it was on Easy! What the fuck!

I got pissed started ALL OVER, but on Hard this time(I thought I might as well as I dont want it on easy and forgot to use the Muse Keys) I played all day one day just go get the point I left off. In the middle of Pandoras Rings, I saved and noticed that the game was once again on easy! I didnt die a lot at all. I noticed that It never switched from Hard either so after awhile i stopped checking; nor was I ever told to go to an easy difficulty. Now the game is on easy once again. God Fucking Damn

Anyone know whats up with that shit? Is it a glitch? Some damn default that if I save too much I dont deserve to beat it on hard? Any help?
Old 07-04-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

eh, just beat it really quick in easy and then play it on the super hard setting that unlocks after that.. or just check periodically and change it back if it gives you the option
other thing you can do is delete your god of war configuration save/save file from the memory card. It may be loading your first configuration and putting it on easy that way
Old 07-04-05, 05:55 PM
Banned

After you die a few times, it will ask you if you want to switch to easy. Most likely, in your frustration with dying, you hit that 'x' button too fast and accepted the change. I don't like that part of the programming because it is too easy to accidentally accept easy mode. I haven't heard of the game switch it automattically, if that is what you are asking.
Old 07-05-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,598 Likes on 999 Posts
Originally Posted by joshd2012
After you die a few times, it will ask you if you want to switch to easy. Most likely, in your frustration with dying, you hit that 'x' button too fast and accepted the change. I don't like that part of the programming because it is too easy to accidentally accept easy mode. I haven't heard of the game switch it automattically, if that is what you are asking.
I believe it defaults on "No" - so you'd actually have to move the directional pad to change the setting. I'm at the final battle in the game right now and I've never accidentally changed to "Easy" - even though I pound the X button the second I die.
Old 07-05-05, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well I was afraid that depending on the difficulty; the ending might change or be different.

I think it does default to "No" so I wasnt too worried. I just wondered if the game will switch automatically. Odd thing though, I was used to hard, and now that I play I get hit a few times and I hardly lose life. Its weird and too easy. I hope its not some glitch or something.