Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

just my luck, any help would be appreciated

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

just my luck, any help would be appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-05, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xbox video lagging on my samsung dlp any suggestions?

we just had our samsung 56" dlp HL-P5685W. it's last years model but we got a heck of a deal on it. unfortunately we are still waiting to have the installers come out and fully hook up the tv and the surround sound system.

the tv is up and running with an hd transmission via cable, and the dvd player and xbox are running too. my biggest problem right now outside of the pixelization in a bug's life dvd, is the fact that my xbox has a slight delay in the video feed and what i do with the controller.

i am trying to play mvp baseball 2005, but the pitching is impossible because my button presses are registering later than the video.

the xbox is not hooked up via the component input due to the cable and dvd player using those (though the receiver i have will allow me to add the ps2 and xbox once it is installed). the xbox is hooked in via the regular rca inputs.

any suggestions or comments would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!!

Last edited by killdanzig; 07-03-05 at 07:27 AM. Reason: better clarification
Old 07-03-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
You should really change your title to accurately reflect what you are asking.

It's an XBOX problem, not a TV problem.
Old 07-03-05, 07:28 AM

any idea what the problem is, and how it could possibly be fixed?
Old 07-03-05, 10:27 AM

ahhh, so it is mvp that is the culprit. i only had my xbox connected with the rca cables because i only have 2 component connections on the tv (both being used by the dvd player and my hd-cable). my surround system is not yet installed, and that's where my other component connections will be.

i did break down and switch in the ps2 and xbox to see if the component would have an effect on the framerate. sure enough the ps2, and halo 2 all work fine, but the mvp 2005 is still jumpy. i thought that it was my xbox (from launch day) that was going out. it does have a tendency to chug a little on games at times, and especially on the demo discs.

i certainly hope that this will not be a problem with this years football games. thanks for the responses, and hopefully everything else runs smoothly from here on out.
Old 07-04-05, 12:56 AM

It only chugs away on the demo discs because those games aren't optomized yet, many are still in production or simply put together for a demo. I noticed the same thing with the demo discs. There is usually the disclaimer that the game may not be an exact representation of gameplay. There are usually some hiccups that go along with demos.