Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Recommend New DVD Changer for me...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-05, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My four year old Panasonic DVD-CV51 is apparently dieing a slow death, so it's time for me to purchase a new DVD changer. I'm not looking for any special features other than progressive scan. Not really interested in multi-formats, DVI, HDMI, etc. Also, I've already got a Philips 727, so I don't need multi-region support. Just looking for a solid DVD changer with great audio and video.

I've come down to 4 players to choose from: Denon DVM-2815, Onkyo DV-CP802, Pioneer Elite DV-C36, and possibly Panasonic DVD-F87K. Can anyone recommend one over the others? Other suggestions would be appreciated also.

Thanks, guys.
Old 07-26-05, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
svrasputin did you ever decide on a changer? If so, which one?

Not to hijack this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one based on the same topic. I've been looking around a little bit, but there just doesn't seem to be much of a selection for changers these days (maybe it's just me?). Anyway, I need to find my girlfriend a dvd player and she really wants a changer. She would use it on her standard tv and connect it through basic composite cables. Obviously this thing doesn't need to produce the best picture quality or sound because it would just be a waste on her tv, but on the same hand I don't want to buy a piece of junk either.

Is there anyone out there that could reccomend a decent changer somewhere in the $100 to $200 range? If there really isn't anything out there, I guess I need suggestions on single disk players.

Any help is appreciated.