Reload this Page >

sCrapland or Games That Just Confuse You

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-30-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really didn't know what to call this thread so I'm sorry if I'm vague. I'd post the info below in spoiler tags but from scanning forums on this game around the net there seems to be absolutely zero interest in this game now and I'm not sure there ever was anybody playing it.

Today I got my Scrapland rental in the mail so I sat down with it for a few. You start off as what looks to be an innocent robot who gets a job on a planet inhabited entirely by robots. You characters speaks very politely when you walk up to characters and talk to them.

Before you get any jobs from you boss this shady guy you've been warned about entire you to his place. When you get there he gives you your first mission set that you must complete before you can do anything else in the game. This guy tells you to go shoot down some cop hover cars outside. Why would this be the first mission if they have established your character as a nice guy. He isn't forced to do this at all and agrees to it. What makes things worse is that the chief of police is standing next to the guy when he tells you to do all this crazy shit.

There is no reason for this in the game that I can see and it amazes me that they would start you off this way. I did a few missions but I quit the game because I fear that the rest of the game might be just as pointless.
Old 07-01-05, 07:06 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently got Conker this past weekend. Graphics are gorgeous and great humor.....but I think the single player and multiplayer are very confusing. Objectives are very vague in the single player -- you will just wander around forever until you finally find the next cutscene. I didn't get the multiplayer at all -- very complicated. I traded it already. I can see how some absolutely love this game...it is just not my cup of tea.

wlj
Old 07-01-05, 10:54 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, that's one of the main reasons I hated Conker on the N64 and never finished it and never remotely considered bothering with the X-box port. You never knew what to do next and it got old running around.

Most of the humor was to juvenile for me as well and turned me off of the game.
Old 07-01-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 5,978 Likes on 4,082 Posts
I appreciate the input on Conker. It looked like a good game, but I guess I'll wait for the price drop now. I was afraid of that multi-player mode. Everyone says it's tough and at best, an aquired taste.
Old 07-01-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the reviews I've seen have said that while many people are VERY into the multiplayer of Conker others will find it too annoying and difficult. I agree that between the position of the cam and the on screen info that is doesn't look like fun at all.