DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Dining in Vegas?

mkdevo
06-28-05, 07:15 AM
anyone have any recommendations for some good eats in Vegas? looking for a variety of things - breakfast, buffets, nice sit-down with the wife, etc... throw your suggestions at me..

2 more days!! :D:D

Mr. Salty
06-28-05, 07:44 AM
I'd like to recommend Memphis Championship Barbecue (now with four convenient locations!)

The restaurant started in my hometown, Murphysboro, Ill., where the original restaurant (17th Street Bar & Grill) is still open. All five restaurants are owned by a guy named Mike Mills.

17th Street is the only restaurant to win the World Barbecue Championships at Memphis in May three years in a row. Mike retired from competition and went to work opening restaurants in Vegas.

Try the ribs; you won't be disappointed.

Liver&Onions
06-28-05, 10:25 AM
go for cheesecake at the cheesecake place in the Forum Shops.

Deftones
06-28-05, 10:37 AM
If you like Italian food, and especially Oso Buco, do yourself a favor and hit up Piero's near the LV Convention Center. On the pricey side, but damn if it isn't the best Italian you'll ever have.

mkdevo
06-29-05, 08:01 AM
I'd like to recommend Memphis Championship Barbecue (now with four convenient locations!)

The restaurant started in my hometown, Murphysboro, Ill., where the original restaurant (17th Street Bar & Grill) is still open. All five restaurants are owned by a guy named Mike Mills.

17th Street is the only restaurant to win the World Barbecue Championships at Memphis in May three years in a row. Mike retired from competition and went to work opening restaurants in Vegas.

Try the ribs; you won't be disappointed.

sounds good. i don't eat red meat, but i'm sure the wife will love the ribs..

go for cheesecake at the cheesecake place in the Forum Shops.

mmm.... cheesecake... :drool:

If you like Italian food, and especially Oso Buco, do yourself a favor and hit up Piero's near the LV Convention Center. On the pricey side, but damn if it isn't the best Italian you'll ever have.

hmm.. again, no red meat here, but i'm *very* critical of italian places.. may have to check this out.

anything else? thanks for the suggestions!

Mr. Salty
06-29-05, 06:27 PM
sounds good. i don't eat red meat, but i'm sure the wife will love the ribs..
You don't need to. It's pork, the other white meat.

Deftones
06-29-05, 06:38 PM
Not only is the food good and Piero's, the decor and atmosphere is pretty sweet too. Reminds me of what a nice Italian joint would be like back on the mafioso days. :up:

Sdallnct
07-02-05, 08:47 PM
I know it is touristy, but go to Emeril's over at MGM. You need to make reservations now (I think you can do it on line). I have been 3 or 4 times and every time I go I say it is the best diner I have ever had.

ooops looks like he is already there!