DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures 09.20.05

Old 06-28-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures 09.20.05

From Davis dvd

Wallace & Gromit

DreamWorks Home Entertainment has announced Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures for release on September 20th. The disc will feature the beloved shorts A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave, along with Cracking Contraptions - a series of ten shorts, originally available online at Atomfilms.com, featuring more of the duo's hairbrained inventions and hilarious mishaps. The disc is rounded out with a sneak peek of the new theatrical feature The Wallace & Gromit Movie: Curse of the Wererabbit. Retail is $19.99.

I know some of you have been gripping those OOP disc tight...everyone else rejoice...yours is coming
Old 06-28-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds good. Since I missed the original DVDs, I've been holding on to my VHS boxset.
Old 06-28-05, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From that description it sounds like it is lacking the extras from the previous releases but adds Cracking Contraptions.
Old 06-28-05, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abintra
From that description it sounds like it is lacking the extras from the previous releases but adds Cracking Contraptions.
True! I won't re-sell, unless the commentary tracks and primitive, but curious, early animations are included.
Old 06-28-05, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was worried after selling my first edition for $55, but am feeling much better about it now.
Old 06-29-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

people are asking 60-100 bucks at most online sites...

i hope the special features do carry over though
Old 06-29-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
Cool, I've been looking for these at a decent price. Here we go.

Wallace and Gromit rock!
Old 06-29-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cameron
people are asking 60-100 bucks at most online sites...
Which stores is that? It´s still available from around $15.00 or so. One just have to look the right places. Even the Warner release + Robbie the Reindeer can be found rather cheaply compared to the Amazon Market prices.

Last edited by Dane; 06-29-05 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-29-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder if the music that was changed in "The Wrong Trousers" will ever get put back in.
Old 06-30-05, 01:44 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Initially there were 2 editions of Wallace & Gromit, right? First one was from FOX with a green cover and it went OOP. Then came the white cover version from WB, which also went OOP (I think). Which one is more superior or more sought after?
Old 06-30-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Which one is more superior or more sought after?
Consensus is the first, FOX version. Better transfer and no replaced music. (ie: 'Happy Birthday')
Old 07-18-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks to dvd answers for the cover art

Old 07-18-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How are the 10 shorts included on the new one? I have the old one and I'm not sure if I should upgrade for those.
Old 07-18-05, 03:35 PM

Ill definatley will be picking this up, I owned "A close shave" on VHS a few years ago, and somehow mis-placed it, so a DVD is welcome!
Old 07-18-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Despite being a big W&G fan and always intending to do so, I never managed to pick up either of the previous releases of the W&G shorts. Maybe it's because I have them on laser.

The only problem I have with buying this collection now is that Curse of the Were-Rabbit will probably be out no later than February or March (if it isn't released by Christmas), and will probably have the previous W&G shorts. Still, it might be worth it just for the other Ardman stuff.

I just read that the Creature Comforts series is going to be released and although it will contain the original CC short, I won't be getting rid of my copy of the original because it has other Ardman work on it.
Old 07-22-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone hear about any differences between the up-coming re-issue and the older OOP one? Will the Nick Park's early shorts be included? How about the commentary tracks? As Jon2 points out Creature Comforts will be significantly different from the older OOP version. I wonder if the same applies to the Wallace and Gromit collection...
Old 07-22-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eau
Initially there were 2 editions of Wallace & Gromit, right? First one was from FOX with a green cover and it went OOP. Then came the white cover version from WB, which also went OOP (I think). Which one is more superior or more sought after?
I had the Fox version and sold it for a tidy profit, and I've seen the WB version. I think the Fox one may have looked better, but I actually like the music change in the WB one. The new music somehow better fits W&G.

That said, I can't think of a reason to buy either release vs. waiting for the new one.
Old 07-23-05, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts
Unless they put the same extras on the new version, I'm keeping my WB disc and skipping this new version.
Old 07-23-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Unless they put the same extras on the new version, I'm keeping my WB disc and skipping this new version.
Don't you think the inclusion of the ten-episode series "Cracking Contraptions" worth the double dip? I've never seen these, so I don't know, and, like you, I want to be sure about the inclusion of all the extras before I sacrifice my old WB version to conserve shelf space.
Old 07-24-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Very happy to see the Cracking Contraptions shorts on this one! I'd been looking for the R2 release of these at a resonable price (it was only available online for a very short period of time, IIRC) and was starting to wonder if it'd ever be reissued. Happy to double dip here.
Old 07-26-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slowcloud
Don't you think the inclusion of the ten-episode series "Cracking Contraptions" worth the double dip?
I certainly do! If these were coming out by themselves on a disc for 20 bucks I'd be buying it.
Old 07-27-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

from home media retailing

Wallace & Gromit Making Their Way to DVD
Author: THOMAS K. ARNOLD
[email protected]
Posted: July 18, 2005

In time for the scheduled Oct. 7 theatrical opening of Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, DreamWorks Home Entertainment is releasing a DVD that includes the claymation man-and-dog team’s previous adventures.

Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures is slotted to arrive in stores Sept. 20 (prebook Aug. 9) at $19.99. The DVD includes three half-hour shorts: the Academy Award winners “A Close Shave” and “The Wrong Trousers” and the Oscar-nominated “A Grand Day Out.” Also on the DVD will be “Cracking Contraptions,” a collection of 10 minishorts that depict each of Wallace’s well-intended but completely absurd inventions. The shorts were originally a series of photographic vignettes and have never before been seen in the United States.

“The short films deliver the same level of high-spirited fun and entertainment value that helped make Chicken Run one of the top-selling family videos,” said Kelley Avery, worldwide head of home entertainment for DreamWorks. Chicken Run writer-director Nick Park also created “Wallace & Gromit.”

Three Amazing Adventures also comes with a preview of the movie, including outtakes that won’t be seen on the big screen. Other bonus materials include a behind-the-scenes look at the claymation process and interviews with Park.

Avery said DreamWorks hopes to leverage the theatrical marketing campaign supporting the first-ever “Wallace & Gromit” feature film. “This timing gives us a terrific opportunity to re-introduce Wallace and Gromit to all audiences,” she said.

Also timed to coincide with the theatrical release of Were-Rabbit is the complete first season of “Creature Comforts,” also helmed by Park. The TV DVD package arrives Sept. 27 (prebook Aug. 18) at $19.94 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
Old 07-27-05, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts
Hmmm...maybe this new version is worth getting after all. Sounds like there's just enough new material on this (as opposed to what's on the WB disc) to make it a worthwhile double dip.
Old 07-28-05, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No denying the new version is worth getting, for W&G fans, but the big question remains: will it include all content from the first WB DVD? So far, I haven't seen evidence that it will. The commentary tracks are particularly entertaining and insightful, not to mention the behind-the-scenes material and the early shorts of Nick Park (as archaic as they are). You see, I'm interested in conserving as much shelf-space as possible and hate having redundancies in my collection-- like many others, I’m sure.
Old 09-02-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's official: Stop selling your Incredible Adventures of Wallace and Gromit DVDs! Check out the features on the new release as detailed by DVD Empire:

Product Information:

Features: [None]

Video: [None]

Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo

Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
There's also a customer review on Amazon.com bitching that this new version lacks the earlier versions' special features. It seems to only include trailers to the new Were Rabbit flick. Glad I didn't sell mine!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.