Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under "Time Flies" 6/27/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 09:06 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Six Feet Under "Time Flies" 6/27/05

Brenda is disturbed by Nate's reaction to her latest news; Ruth shares her feelings about George with her knitting circle; David and Keith "propose" to Mary and meet Roger's equally unconventional family; Rico is shocked at how Vanessa and the boys are doing; frustrated, George shares a beer and a song with Billy, whose recent behavior repulses Claire; and Nate comes home to an unpleasant surprise.

Last edited by Geofferson; 06-27-05 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-27-05, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good episode,Jeremy Sisto is amazing as Billy and the scene with him and George was great.Always good to see Mr Fisher make an appearance and loved Nate losing it on the bird lol.Oh and i fucking hate Brenda,so sick of her i wish she would be the opening scene of an upcoming episode
Old 06-27-05, 09:42 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
The whistling pot of boiling water during the opening death scene was a great forshadow for the rest of the episode.
Old 06-27-05, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at Ruth going off on Claire during her speech after Nate blew out the candles.
Old 06-27-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn do I love Fisher parties, always crazy people getting together to have some crazy drama. George + Billy, Keith + Brenda, Nate + Brenda, Ruth yelling at Claire, what a fun time lol
Old 06-27-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Great episode.

It's been a long time since this show has made me laugh out loud like that. I felt like the show was finally back: that perfect blend of humor and dark drama.

"Ski Iraq"

Ruth snapping at Claire

The smart-ass kids

"And then they tell me I'll feel a little prick in my hand, which always makes me laugh."

There are other things I forgot about too that were great.
Old 06-27-05, 10:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Haven't watched the ep but I just saw on tvguide.com the show is moving back to Sunday next week for the rest of its run
Old 06-28-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But Monday was the new Sunday!

Ruth snapping at Claire was great! George snapping at Ruth wasn't bad either, they all need that now. About the only ones I don't want to see getting offed right now are David and Keith. And before someone else says it, I don't want to see David and Keith getting off either. David finally showed some self restraint!

Of course Claire didn't, and Nate was so gonna bang tequila chick if the bird hadn't shown up. No wonder he killed it! I get tired of everyone getting some in every single episode. Yeah, I'm jealous, but it's really predictable.

Wasn't that a Live Strong bracelet the divorced guy was wearing? The writers have a queer sense of humor.
Old 06-28-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Roto
Of course Claire didn't, and Nate was so gonna bang tequila chick if the bird hadn't shown up.
I think this show is obsessed with incest. I also thought Nate would bang her, but she's techincally his sister by marriage. There's Billy and Brenda. Claire is screwing her sister-in-law's brother. Lisa was screwing her brother-in-law.

Some of these connections are pretty far fetched. But when you put them all next to each other, it's a pretty incestious show.
Old 06-28-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe it was my mood, but they came off too whiney to me tonight. It's his friggin' B-day party...and they couldn't let the stuff go for a couple hours. (And yes, I've been a fan since day one, so I know 'that's the show"....like I said, maybe just my mood that night.) GREAT to see dad come back..been waiting for him this season.

I lost the bet with the GF about Rico and his Ex Sex romp.

Feels like they are really making things bad (most relationships going poorly) before starting the episodes to the end of the series resolve.

And loving the move back to Sunday! Thank you HBO!
Old 06-28-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
This was the best episode so far this season. Great directing/editing and using the visuals to tell a lot of the story - moreso than usual for this show.
Old 06-28-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was a solid episode. Nate going apesh*t on the birds was classic.

I also enjoyed the "sitting on the steps" scene with George & Billy, who I could usually do without seeing.
Old 06-28-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Haven't watched the ep but I just saw on tvguide.com the show is moving back to Sunday next week for the rest of its run
It is moving back on July 10, according to CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html
Old 06-28-05, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Frank TJ Mackey
I also enjoyed the "sitting on the steps" scene with George & Billy, who I could usually do without seeing.
I enjoyed that too. Those two need to hang out more
Old 06-28-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts
It really was a classic episode.

The opening death sequence really hit the right note with the rest of the episode. The kettle going off prepared us for everyone starting to boil-over - and the end result will be as pretty as an old lady dying on the crapper. It's poetic in a SFU sort of way.

I was wondering when George and Billy were gonna hang out. Great chemistry between the two head-cases.

The surrogate changing personalities on the drop of a dime was quite funny. I confirmed my suspisions (with the help of imdb.com) that she played "Jan Brady" in those Brady Bunch movies. I knew that pyschotic look was faimliar.

It seems like everyone would rather be somewhere else, with someone else.
I think the SFU Universe is on the verge of a cataclismic event, and tonights episode was the big warning.

I always felt SFU has some sort of Magnolia vibe going for it, and this episode was the best example of it. The pressure keeps building and building and eventually somethings going to give. I'm almost expecting to see a rain of frogs come down.

Great stuff. I'm going to miss this show when it's over.

Last edited by Coral; 06-28-05 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-28-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I the only one bored to effin' tears by Keith and David's baby-hunt storyline?
Old 06-29-05, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think they are just there to break up the misery. Keith and David are the only ones that I don't want to see ice picks driven through their skulls at any given moment. David turning down an anonymous blowjob at the last minute makes him the healthiest one on the show right now. Everyone else is heading of a cliff. That probably means David is doomed.
Old 06-29-05, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by grunter
Am I the only one bored to effin' tears by Keith and David's baby-hunt storyline?
No. No, you're not.
Old 06-29-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't see how Brenda didn't notice Billy's behavior and know instantly that he was off his med's. I can't believe it would take Claire that long either. But Brenda has seen it all her life and knows how he acts when he is not well. Claire better go to Brenda in the next episode for help with him. I realize that she doesn't want to be with him anymore but I think anyone in that situation would want to make sure nothing happens to him.
Old 06-29-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU
I can't see how Brenda didn't notice Billy's behavior and know instantly that he was off his med's. I can't believe it would take Claire that long either. But Brenda has seen it all her life and knows how he acts when he is not well. Claire better go to Brenda in the next episode for help with him. I realize that she doesn't want to be with him anymore but I think anyone in that situation would want to make sure nothing happens to him.
That was odd, except everyone is off their game at seeing things for what they are in this episode (Nate and the bird, Ruth and George, David and the hairstylist, Rico and sleeping with his ex, etc). Brenda will recognize it once things settle down a little bit... she was to torked about Nate spilling the news about the pregnancy.

As for Claire? Well CLEARLY she is going to ask someone for help in the next episode entitled "Eat a Peach"...
Spoiler:
Margaret Chenowith (Joanna Cassidy)
Who is ALWAYS a treat in every scene that character is in!

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
It is moving back on July 10, according to CNN.
Correct. This was also announced right AFTER this episode aired on HBO.

For those who don't realize the way HBO does their programming, they never show new episodes of their series like Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Sex and the City on holiday weekends (the coming being the 4th of July).

Great episode. I'm excited about this series wrapping up!

Last edited by rfduncan; 06-29-05 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-30-05, 12:17 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
George and Billy on the porch was the highlight of the episode for me.

The whole Fisher family is a train wreck right now, it'll be interesting to see where they all end up at the end.
Old 06-30-05, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
The surrogate changing personalities on the drop of a dime was quite funny. I confirmed my suspisions (with the help of imdb.com) that she played "Jan Brady" in those Brady Bunch movies. I knew that pyschotic look was faimliar.
I KNEW she looked familiar! It took me a while to realize that the woman with her at the lunch table was Jenny from The Jeffersons. She hasn't aged well.

Sam
Old 06-30-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So...what's the significance of the birds at night? The one from this episode, and there was one at the wedding after it got dark as well.
Old 06-30-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Correct. This was also announced right AFTER this episode aired on HBO.

For those who don't realize the way HBO does their programming, they never show new episodes of their series like Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Sex and the City on holiday weekends (the coming being the 4th of July).

For some reason, SFU is going to air an episode on the 4th. I just got an e-mail from HBO saying so. I am not sure why they started doing that now.
Old 07-01-05, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler/Speculation regarding the next two episodes:

Spoiler:
Supposedly someone key dies in one of the next two episodes, anyone have any idea as to whom?

Last edited by dvd182; 07-01-05 at 03:42 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.