Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

KMart: $9 DVDs...Aladdin, Brother Bear, etc.

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

KMart: $9 DVDs...Aladdin, Brother Bear, etc.

Old 06-26-05, 12:35 PM
Tay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KMart and BB: $9 DVDs...Aladdin, Brother Bear, etc.

Kmart and BEST BUY have listed in their ad that select Buena Visa titles are on sale for $9.00. Titles include:

Aladdin
Brother Bear
Mulan
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Three Musketeers (BB only)

I called and asked if others were on sale and these are the only ones. Still, for Disney movies, this is a great deal.

Last edited by Tay; 06-26-05 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-26-05, 01:12 PM

It is worth noting that beginning today these exact titles are on sale for $10.99 CAD in-store at HMV in Canada.
I was going to post a seperate thread, but thought I would just piggyback this one.
Old 06-26-05, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I browsed the Dvd isle at Kmart today and saw the Sale signs on the shelf. They did not have any of the titles atleast where the signs were. Looked around the area and couldnt find a single title. I would suggest going to Best Buy if you were interested in any of these titles. Kmart as usual, I guess.
Old 06-26-05, 01:41 PM
Tay

The best thing would be to take one of the ads and price match. For me, Wal Mart (for pricematching purposes) is three minutes from home, whereas BB is nearly 20+ minutes. I agree, BB is the better choice, but I would prefer to not drive. Just wherever is closest for you.
Old 06-26-05, 01:54 PM

I'm still debating on whether to get "Brother Bear".
Old 06-26-05, 04:38 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pcdoctor
I'm still debating on whether to get "Brother Bear".
For $9, I would say "get it". It is a great show and has some hilarious moments for both adults and kids.
Old 06-26-05, 04:40 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you are getting more than 1 title, Best Buy would be a better deal since they have the Disney giftcard/coupon that is good for $5 off 2, $10 off 3 and $15 off 4 Disney DVDs.
Old 06-26-05, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This offer is good on Best Buy's website:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat64200050000

I ordered Mulan.
Old 06-26-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tay
The best thing would be to take one of the ads and price match. For me, Wal Mart (for pricematching purposes) is three minutes from home, whereas BB is nearly 20+ minutes. I agree, BB is the better choice, but I would prefer to not drive. Just wherever is closest for you.
I forgot about Price Matching. That would be best if no Best buy is around. I guess you could always try a Sears to since they are now owned by Kmart now. Dont be fooled!!! Sears is Kmart and Kmart is, well, Kmart!!!
Old 06-26-05, 10:05 PM
Tay

If you price match at CC, don't you get 10% off? This would make them close to $8.00. I could be wrong, but that would be the cheapest price you would ever find these.
Old 06-26-05, 10:05 PM
Tay

Originally Posted by eau
If you are getting more than 1 title, Best Buy would be a better deal since they have the Disney giftcard/coupon that is good for $5 off 2, $10 off 3 and $15 off 4 Disney DVDs.
Is the gift card included in the dvds, or elsewhere?
Old 06-26-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tay
Is the gift card included in the dvds, or elsewhere?

Look at the Gift Card Section at every Cashier Register if you can't find it ask the employees. Also, don't forget look at Music Section you'll see tons different Gift Card. (makesure it say Save $5 when you buy 2 & Save $10 when you buy 3 Disney Movies).
Old 06-26-05, 10:16 PM
Tay

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
Look at the Gift Card Section at every Cashier Register if you can't find it ask the employees. Also, don't forget look at Music Section you'll see tons different Gift Card. (makesure it say Save $5 when you buy 2 & Save $10 when you buy 3 Disney Movies).
Will have to try this. Thanks
Old 06-27-05, 02:28 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently, the coupon would only take $15 off if you buy 4 different titles. Read this.
Old 06-27-05, 01:55 PM

is anyone else having trouble finding this disney gift card? I went to two of my five best buys and the employees are clueless (not really a surprise, but annoying nonetheless).......all four of the titles I want are in stock, and just need a gift card coupon.....going for aladdin, b.bear, haunted mansion, and 3 musketeers......total should be around 21 and tax,.......killer deal, if can find it, one employe tells me it has a red cover with mickey on it....
Old 06-29-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eau
Apparently, the coupon would only take $15 off if you buy 4 different titles. Read this.
Unless it says that on the coupon, they will still have to honor it. They can just manually take the $15 off (3.75 off each title)...
Old 06-29-05, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by fitzcain
is anyone else having trouble finding this disney gift card? I went to two of my five best buys and the employees are clueless (not really a surprise, but annoying nonetheless).......all four of the titles I want are in stock, and just need a gift card coupon.....going for aladdin, b.bear, haunted mansion, and 3 musketeers......total should be around 21 and tax,.......killer deal, if can find it, one employe tells me it has a red cover with mickey on it....
The red one with Mickey does have a coupon, but it expired. The one you're looking for is blue. I don't have a scanner, but I could take a digital picture of the coupon if anyone is interested.